Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    I noticed in the freezer that some turkey meal had the Best Before Date of Christmas Eve - I think it will be the chicken dinner on Christmas Day instead.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Went to Aldi after nine plenty of supplies no empty shelves got what I wanted was fairly busy

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Got my Christmas food online delivery sorted out on Wednesday - the closest delivery to Christmas will be the 17th, and as I have got a bit more than usual (it's usually a fortnight's worth) it should last me beyond New Year's Day. I think I have been lucky considering what others have been putting up with at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Just had a very late Tesco online delivery to my place (no earlier slots, I am afraid), and the only thing that wasn't available was the advent calendar. Never mind...

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied
    Re: Christmas food

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    A suppose it counts as Christmas food - does anyone still have chocolate advent calendars each year?
    Nah, the chocolate tastes of the cardboard it comes in. We have a wooden one with drawers in that we put two maltesers in each night for our two boys to open in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

A suppose it counts as Christmas food - does anyone still have chocolate advent calendars each year?

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Looked like panic buyers had stripped the frozen food in morrisons I only wanted a packet of hash browns in freezer section none left

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by Richard1978
    I managed to get two of them.
    Must have been on BOGOFF.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

No nothing through the letterbox

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

A lot of the stores have started Christmas advertising this week - did anyone get an Asda Christmas Food Guide through the door with their post like I did yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Aldi have started a trial run of click and collect for xmas probably don't want massive queues good idea you are able to book slots with a weeks notice

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Got my small Christmas puddings from Aldi they have nice things in already chocolates mince pies frozen party food etc

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I always recommend sherry as a Christmas drink - that's as long as you can open the bottle as I had difficulty doing so when I tried open a bottle of Croft Original last year. Had to toast the Queen with some bitter lemon.
    Lol

Glass of sherry and a mince pie

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I always recommend sherry as a Christmas drink - that's as long as you can open the bottle as I had difficulty doing so when I tried open a bottle of Croft Original last year. Had to toast the Queen with some bitter lemon.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

I will be getting small xmas puddings they are the right size probably have baileys cream oh yummy lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X