Moving house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving house

Phew!....moved house last monday, just about getting straight but still much to be done. Tis said of course that moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do,this is my first move for 28 years and yes it has been hard work.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

I have thought about moving myself, probably an exchange to take me to another part of the area that I live in, close to shops and the local church, or even the village a few miles out - I have had some problems where I live (a long and personal story) and I believe that moving might be a solution to it. I do understand that moving is indeed stressful (I last did so seven years ago myself), but hopefully the rewards of a new home (which is probably in a new area) can have its rewards. I saw a flat earlier on this year, and it was a case of "out of the frying pan" as it needed more work on it than my present abode, so it made me think whether staying put is better or worse.

I am sure that you remember the thread that I started a couple of years ago after I visited Bournemouth and I mentioned that I wouldn't mind living there all year round - that makes good reading if you see it again.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst

Yes moving is stressful,waiting for the buyers to go ahead with a purchase after the surveyors report leaves you on tender hooks.Anyway hope you will be happy with a new setting
      Thanks Amethyst...we are getting settled finally and we love the nice quiet estate of bungalows, the neighbours seem lovely and there is a sense of pride in the area

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        I have thought about moving myself, probably an exchange to take me to another part of the area that I live in, close to shops and the local church, or even the village a few miles out - I have had some problems where I live (a long and personal story) and I believe that moving might be a solution to it. I do understand that moving is indeed stressful (I last did so seven years ago myself), but hopefully the rewards of a new home (which is probably in a new area) can have its rewards. I saw a flat earlier on this year, and it was a case of "out of the frying pan" as it needed more work on it than my present abode, so it made me think whether staying put is better or worse.

I am sure that you remember the thread that I started a couple of years ago after I visited Bournemouth and I mentioned that I wouldn't mind living there all year round - that makes good reading if you see it again.
        Yes George, living by the coast would be a dream but of course we have to consider the vacinity of our parents and kids, if something happened to me (heaven forbid) mrs Tex would be out on a limb as she doesn't drive

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst

Oh that's nice a bungalow no more stairs to climb and neighbours your own age group
          Actually it's a dormer so yeah still stairs to climb

Comment

My late mother when she was still alive used to say to me that she always wanted to live in a bungalow - a pipe dream of course, although I did ask one of the councils whether she would qualify, but they said that a two bedroom ground floor flat would have been the best they could do for both of us.

I am probably only a decade or so away from Sheltered Housing (time flies, methinks) - I telephoned a Housing Association (not one that I am already with), and asked about this around four weeks ago and they said that I would probably have a good chance myself, although the reality of the situation would be that I would need to wait another decade at least.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post

Actually it's a dormer so yeah still stairs to climb
              I take it that you wouldn't want a second floor abode, Tex? - we could have swapped if that was the case!

I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes, I agree moving house is hard work! It gets harder when you have to update your address across platforms and institutions. How'd you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by seanwills View Post
                  Yes, I agree moving house is hard work! It gets harder when you have to update your address across platforms and institutions. How'd you do it?
                  Hi Sean and welcome to DYR , frankly ...i diden't, my wife took care of it but it was a real pain (apparently)

Comment

Working...
                  X