What Is The Worst Ad On TV At The Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Is The Worst Ad On TV At The Moment

one i really do not like are the ones that sell car insurance the ones where you see two read phones at the end of them.
    there are a lot of different ones.

i agree with you on those ads PTM.

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
    The Vodaphone ads with the 'freebees' and the Argos advert with those stupid blue aliens. Also any advert selling gimmicky smartphones that will be obsolete within a month.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Galaxy ad. When your flatmate eats your chocolate and puts the empty wrapper back in the fridge it's either time to get a new flatmate or move out.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Go Compare

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

I saw a sickly ad for Estrella Beer earlier this evening....hated it. Also I dislike any ads for Cider - 'Gaymers, Magners, Bullmers' whats with all the 'mers' Ciders?! And they make out like its been around for centuries as a brand...also I HATE the Stella Artois smarmy Frenchman droning on about 'Cidre' - I'll give 'im Cidre'....lol....

I also don't like those sponsored pre show and ad break bits in Come Dine With Me with that gaggle of women meeting up for drinks and dinner - Echo Falls - Unscripted Moments' BAH! it really annoys me...its like 'aren't we brilliant'?! Then theres the women in the Boots - Here Come The Girls' ads - its so anti - male hyping up womanhood. I'm all for women, in fact I prefer the company of women to men but those ads are cringeworthy...!

Strongbow - their current one...3 'blokes' getting in time to play a gig...David Tennant in those Virgin Media ads, featuring the smarmy Branson most of the time, the Hussain Bolt ones...grrr...

Basically, most ads now are complete and utter drivel...

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            This is my favourite ad. Don't know what it has to do with electricity mind you but I really like the cute little thing and the tune.
            His names 'Fizz'...or is it a She?!

I thought it was a 'She'....anyhow, this may make you all laugh....

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=249486

I cannot apologise for the content but it is truly funny what they said and the fact I found it when all I wanted to descern was whether Fizz was male or female...

Comment

Oh and that National Lottery 'running' ad...its so long you feel like ringing Samaritans!

Comment

another two that i find myself shouting at the telly when they come on are the ones that `star` michael parkinson or the woman from one foot in the grave that make us think we are going to get a great deal by swapping x amounts of £££`s for a parker pen and a £25 marks n sparks gift voucher for a cash payment on death scheme

Comment

Only seen it a few times but it dioes get to me for sure.

It seems every week im finding new ones to not like.
                  Is it because im getting older orr is it the ad.
                  Think its the ad.

And yes those meerkat ones have got to some of the most annoying ever.
                  Its how they look and the sound of there voices.

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                  Oh and that National Lottery 'running' ad...its so long you feel like ringing Samaritans!
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Direct Line insurance adverts. The ones featuring the deeply unfunny 'comedians'.

Comment

There are far too many for me to name...but off the top of my head:

BT ads - those 3 students, especially the stalkerish one really annoy me - I hate the new one with the Spanish girls and those animated ones.
                      KIA - car ad, with that rubbish fake band,
                      Clarks ad I think, theres this whiney song on it...
                      Direct Line as above,
                      Peugeot 208 'Let your body drive'....give me a break - HATE the song on it just as much as the guy in the ad,
                      GO COMPARE - the new one where he gets bazooka'd - was funny at first but its been re-run so much its not funny,
                      WONGA - those disgusting OAP puppets - its preying on vulnerable OAP's to take the loan as well as the puppets looking disgusting to boot,
                      Yes, that Parkinson ad - whats the point paying in cash only to DIE and others to get a probably smaller lump sum or get shafted as is usually the case....
                      Those Tampax - Mother Nature ads - they've really, really lit that woman in such bad light its repulsive,
                      ANY toilet tissue ad - as an Asian I wash after a you know what so it makes me a bit sick as well as laugh at it,
                      Constipation ads - why o why is it they always use women in the ads? It must be embarrassing for the actresses in them when they get spotted out and about...
                      FISKAR'S gardening tools - obviously a dubbed ad,
                      Malteasers - if those ads were aimed at men, featuring male roles and lampooning women, the content would be deemed sexist - but oh, its okay, 'its for women'...
                      Lynx ads - the jokes worn thin now - and now they've got a female version - while I don't mind equality I'm fed up of it being rammed down our eyeballs via the media - women have enough if not more perfume and hygiene products on the market to suddenly go into a well established male brand...
                      Injury Lawyers 4 U - nuff said,
                      Car ads in general - they're so anodyne and emasculated now...

Comment

I have to agree with the BT ads.

Come on she's a total tease and is going to play one of with the other to get what she wants, you can see it happening. The geeky ones got no chance as she is way above his league, he'll end up stealing from her underwear draw and using the BT hub to download naughty stuff and stalk her on-line as another persona . The other guy is just a douche and hides some narcissistic problems.

Well actually all of sf1378's really.

Just missed the current sensodyne advert with the woman talking about her healthy life style that's almost been ruined because she eat to much acidic fruits. FFS bint get a life!!

Comment

At this moment it has to be the confused.com adverts.

Comment

Most of the ads are pretty dire, but one I never tire of seeing is the dancing hamster for GEM 106 East Midlands radio - maybe because they don't show it to much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcFLG..._embedded#t=0s

The one they never show anymore is the Bacardi Breezer ones that starred Vinnie Jones and a few of the cat called Tom.

Comment

british gas aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh

thanks for tha needed get it off me chest i normaly carnt get the control quick enough to turn over by time i got it the dam thing half way through lol
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X