Day four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Day four

All chemical, and any other type of dependence, is emotional.
    That's the key. As they wear off, they leave a negative feeling which we adopt as our own. (our mistake.)
    Drink a beer, it might be nice, but you will get the blues in an hour or two. Which is why people keep drinking: to hold off the depression.
    Smoke a fag. It'll burn your throat, stink and make you nausious. Your heart beat increases and blood pressure rises. Then it settles down and you feel kind of flat. Abit lousey and crappy. So you smoke again to try and skip it, but you just start it again, and it goes on and on.....

Comment

But drinking feels so damn good at the time.

When I feel down I'm often like "Going for a drink" and then I'm off to pub for a quiet gallon or so to cheer me up.

I just thought the negative, gloomy feelings were cos I had to stop (usually needed more money ) and go home

Comment

"Drinking", not "a drink".
        Why a gallon?
        You know why. Because you have to keep necking them to keep up the dutch courage jacket and hold off the gloom.
        Make no mistake:
        Everyone talks about hangovers in a physical sense: headaches, nausea etc.

No-one ever directly mentions the real issue: the misery, the blues, the anxiety....wishing the ground would open up and swallow you.
        Where did all this come from?
        Mars?
        Or is it that this is what it means when people say "Alcohol is a depressant"?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm a sinner and I'm not lecturing. Just trying to understand myself.

Comment

Working...
        X