Same stuff - new name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Same stuff - new name

Back to Dime/Daim bars or whatever they are called, I have just been on the other thread `defunct sweets` and noticed a picture for Sharps Butter Snap circa 1971. I seem to recall them, and If my memory serves me well, they taste and look very similar to Dime/Daim bars. So there you go, another name to add to the list. Butter Snap/ Dime/Daim Bars. ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post
      Mintola where like Munchies where they not? They are rather nice. So now they are After Eight? Oh how confusing. Maybe I should give chocolate up altogether, as It seems that I wont know what on earth I am buying in future. hee hee hee.
      yes mintola where like munchies mate.
      one is in a mainly red packet which has gold foil.
      mintola not after eight to me is in a mainly dark green packet.

give it time and munchies will be changed name wise.

maybe ill go and ask for mintola and see who long it takes for the shop staff to catch on.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
        Treats (various flavours/types) became Minstrels (for the choc ones and the others disappeared :-( I liked the toffee ones best)
        Minstrels have always been Minstrels. M&Ms may have been the replacement for Treats, but I remember that the two brands were sold side by side for a long time.

Comment

Not a product, but most cafes have morphed into coffee shops. I remember the days when the only coffee shop I knew about was Lassiter's in Neighbours and it was a novelty for me to go into a Starbucks when I went on holiday to America.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
          X