Old people are going away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old people are going away!

I have real respect for old people because I know inside they don't feel old. They're exactly the same as me just 40-50 years further down the line, so I make an efforrt not to treat them differently to anyone else. That means disliking some of them too though.

I can't wait to be old. I know I'll be the same as I am now in my head (if I'm lucky) and I'm going wind everyone up barging to the front of queues with my stick and being a nuisance. Everybody lets you get away with it then because you're 'old'. It's what I want to do now but I can't!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

All you hear from old people the week after Xmas is "Ooooh did you have a nice xmas? and the reply is always "ooh y know...quiet" they never have a good one or a bad one just...quiet.
      They never say fall over either they always say tumbled

Comment

Originally posted by Jingbang View Post
        All you hear from old people the week after Xmas is "Ooooh did you have a nice xmas? and the reply is always "ooh y know...quiet" they never have a good one or a bad one just...quiet.
        I say that now lol
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          I popped into Lidl,s yesterday,there was 2 ladies,2 gents probably in their 70,s,had trolleys they had blocked off a section where I wanted to go.Had to go round another route,they were so busy gassing,that is so annoying,this is not the first time.Many a time when I have been in Tesco in the past,old folk have stopped right on the spot,when they encounter someone else they haven,t seen in yonks that,s it then half an hour of,oh how is so and so,moaning about hospitals,bills prices etcthey talk so loud so the rest of us has to hear their moans

in a decade or two we will be them moaning about bills and saying things like back in my day etc..
          my granny always said to come and let your granny give you a kiss.
          gassing you mean nattering amethyst.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            I say that now lol
            oh no tricky.
            your becoming an oldie in your thirties.

but where i live there is a big amount of old people 60 plus i mean.
            and they are living longer.
            by the time we are sixty our parents will be eighty odd,and we will both be talking the same language.
            Last edited by darren; 14-10-2010, 00:30.

Comment

Tell you what is disappearing though. Oldies in flat caps. You still see the odd one, usually in silohuette through the back window of a car being driven at 20mph, but overall they are on the way out. What has gone are old women wearing those funny turban hats.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

I keep thinking it's Tuesday.

I'm 38, you know.
                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  Tell you what is disappearing though. Oldies in flat caps. You still see the odd one, usually in silohuette through the back window of a car being driven at 20mph, but overall they are on the way out. What has gone are old women wearing those funny turban hats.
                  my dad still wears one of them caps.

Comment

Working...
                  X