X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• havasack
    replied
    Re: Bizarre sandwiches

ham'n'jam when on my YTS. so bad that the lads I worked with would steel them and buy me fried sarnies instead.

I stilll like a ham'n'jam!

My sis used to have brown sauce sarnies, red sauce sarnies, brown and red sauce sarnies, I'm pretty sure she had sugar arnies aswell.

Leave a comment:

• ianharding
    replied

Green Pesto inside a sandwich, quite nice but not very filling!!

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

hlad i gave u a good idea mate.
    making it now.

once in a while ill have nice hot beans heinz of course in knitty krust i use the heels for this as they hold the beans better.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
    That knutty bread with the extras is making my mouth water can you make me one When I next make some roast potatoes and have any left I think i'll make a sandwich of them!

Leave a comment:

• Beach Life
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    they really do sound lovely those ones you make mate.
    can u do me one.

but yeah chip butties are so hard to beat.
    sometimes i use rolls be it finger ones or round ones.

sometimes ill get to slices of knutty krust and put a fry in it.
    sussies,eggs,potato bread etc etc..
    you can actually buy this in shops over here but its put in a soda farl.
    That knutty bread with the extras is making my mouth water can you make me one When I next make some roast potatoes and have any left I think i'll make a sandwich of them!

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

sometimes id have brown sauce butties.
    as well as red sauce ones.
    ill put just about anything in sandwiches.
    sometimes i put roast potatoes in knutty Krust bread.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
    left over suday dinner butties to take work on a monday hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm best if we had lamb with mint sauce then tha was my fav i have had
    crisp butties
    just salard cream butties
    hash brown butties with loads of brown sauce

Leave a comment:

• xmark1234
    replied

left over suday dinner butties to take work on a monday hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm best if we had lamb with mint sauce then tha was my fav i have had
    crisp butties
    just salard cream butties
    hash brown butties with loads of brown sauce

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

they really do sound lovely those ones you make mate.
    can u do me one.

but yeah chip butties are so hard to beat.
    sometimes i use rolls be it finger ones or round ones.

sometimes ill get to slices of knutty krust and put a fry in it.
    sussies,eggs,potato bread etc etc..
    you can actually buy this in shops over here but its put in a soda farl.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
    Beef and beetroot with horseradish (home made recipe) that never seems to last too long in the fridge followed by a shot (or two) of blackberry or strawberry vodka (homemade).

But not forgetting the old favourite - toast which I enjoy when it is cooled just with butter. Or depending on my mood I like these - mashed avocado, sliced banana and Jarslberg sliced cheese with jam, but you can't beat that chip buttie and ketchup!

I spotted this item for spreading on your toast (whilst I was doing my competitions). Lotus Biscuits (which I think were originally from Belgium, picture below) have brought out Lotus caramelised biscuit spread which (at the moment) is only available from some Waitrose stores but if you purchase a jar of either Lotus Smooth 400g or Lotus Crunchy 380g spread Then, write your name & address along with a statement of 15 words or more explaining why you did or did not like the spread & send it, along with your till receipt showing the price you paid for it to the address they give you. New Lotus Spread is a tasty alternative to peanut butter or chocolate spreads.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3483[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• Beach Life
    replied

Beef and beetroot with horseradish (home made recipe) that never seems to last too long in the fridge followed by a shot (or two) of blackberry or strawberry vodka (homemade).

But not forgetting the old favourite - toast which I enjoy when it is cooled just with butter. Or depending on my mood I like these - mashed avocado, sliced banana and Jarslberg sliced cheese with jam, but you can't beat that chip buttie and ketchup!

I spotted this item for spreading on your toast (whilst I was doing my competitions). Lotus Biscuits (which I think were originally from Belgium, picture below) have brought out Lotus caramelised biscuit spread which (at the moment) is only available from some Waitrose stores but if you purchase a jar of either Lotus Smooth 400g or Lotus Crunchy 380g spread Then, write your name & address along with a statement of 15 words or more explaining why you did or did not like the spread & send it, along with your till receipt showing the price you paid for it to the address they give you. New Lotus Spread is a tasty alternative to peanut butter or chocolate spreads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00298_lotus_spreads_sml.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	260166
    Last edited by Beach Life; 22-11-2012, 19:13.

Leave a comment:

• Tortie
    replied

yes cooked.
    be a bit tough eating the raw in sarnies. hehe.

ive had them boiled,roasted in sandwiches.
    Hehe! I could definitely do the roasties - smothered in vinegar, of course. To heck with whisky, my idea of a "nice malt" is Sarsons

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

yes cooked.
    be a bit tough eating the raw in sarnies. hehe.

ive had them boiled,roasted in sandwiches.

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
    I've got to ask - what sort of potatoes - cooked, surely?!!

Leave a comment:

• Tortie
    replied

another thing i put in bread once in a while is potatoes and it tastes mighty fine.
    yes im the same with vinegar.
    I've got to ask - what sort of potatoes - cooked, surely?!!

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

another thing i put in bread once in a while is potatoes and it tastes mighty fine.
    yes im the same with vinegar.

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
    Pretty much - I've always loved vinegar, and have it on most of my main meals - even Christmas dinner . I've learnt to ignore the many comments I've got over the years too.

Leave a comment:

• Tortie
    replied

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    I've never tried salt and vinegar and vinegar sandwiches, but now that is on my bucket list. if only I had some slat and vinegar crisps to hand I'd do it right now.
    Let me know what you think .
    It does work with other flavour crisps, but salt & vinegar are my favourite flavour anyway (then again, they would be, wouldn't they?!!). Best bread for them? Warburton's white farmhouse IMO, but any other nice soft white bread is good - including soft rolls / teacakes / barmcakes... not that I've spent much time sampling, you understand...

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    replied

I've never tried salt and vinegar and vinegar sandwiches, but now that is on my bucket list. if only I had some slat and vinegar crisps to hand I'd do it right now.

Leave a comment:

• Tortie
    replied

Pretty much - I've always loved vinegar, and have it on most of my main meals - even Christmas dinner . I've learnt to ignore the many comments I've got over the years too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X