The Stockport years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Stockport Years

Crikey you sound worryingly organised Grosh62.

Will it be like Strictly Come Dancing? Are you a Len Goodman/Bruno Tonioni/Craig Revel-Horwood?

Or maybe like Dancing On Ice?

I'm expecting at least 5.9s Stockport!
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Blimey. Listeners. Other than the mysterious Steve in Heaton Norris, Lindsey in Mellor and my uncles best mate who works in Norway and listens online. Better make it sound like a proper radio show then. Oh yeah, and you can win really rubbish prizes for correctly identifying an old TV theme.

Comment

You're doing a great sales pitch there Stockport lol

Comment

Jacqueline, I do so envy your duffalo coat, I only had a bonkey jacket!
          The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

Originally posted by Megawitch
            Jacqueline, I do so envy your duffalo coat, I only had a bonkey jacket!
            Megawitch, the mind boggles! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62
              I know there was 1974 around then.
              What did I say Stocky? 1974! Good to hear your show tonight was dedicated to 1974. Stick with me, I'm full of suggestions.

Got to admit it was a good listen tonight on Pure radio - The Stockport Years. Friendly delivery and good pacing, shame about the faux pas at the end with the wrong LuLu intro but apart from that. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to all Do You Remember? members.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62
                What did I say Stocky? 1974! Good to hear your show tonight was dedicated to 1974. Stick with me, I'm full of suggestions.

Got to admit it was a good listen tonight on Pure radio - The Stockport Years. Friendly delivery and good pacing, shame about the faux pas at the end with the wrong LuLu intro but apart from that. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to all Do You Remember? members.
                Yeah, I like to play songs that don't often get heard on the radio. But not twice in the same show. Which is what happens when you try to shift tracks around in Selecter whilst reading e-mails. Only women can multi-task.

I was only four/five in 74, so don't really have any memories of it, apart from being taken to a show at Lewis's in Manchester starring the cast of Play School - Brian Cant etc. I just remember being amazed at how big Brian Cant was, he was pretty small on the telly. And it was also odd to see Play School toys in colour.

Comment

Brian Cant was a personal hero for me. I loved his voice overs for Camberwick Green, Chiggley and Trumpton... The man is a genius. Play School and Play Away too which I also used to watch until they finished.

Stocky do you just do the one show on the radio? ....and how did you get that gig?

It's GOT to be more fulfilling and interesting than doing a daytime show with the 'Radio Play List'....that just has to be mind numbing.

Comment

I think I would have wet myself with excitement if I'd seen the Playschool gang and the toys in real life!
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
                      Stocky do you just do the one show on the radio? ....and how did you get that gig?

It's GOT to be more fulfilling and interesting than doing a daytime show with the 'Radio Play List'....that just has to be mind numbing.
                      Stockport Years on Friday and occasionally (when County aren't playing), voice-tracking a 'best of' news review from the previous week called Stockport Focus.
                      I've done the Years show for about four years, in the very first ones, I didn't even speak, it was a bit like 'Rock and Rolls Years', where you heard clips from songs of the time, and then snippets of radio news broadcasts licensed from John Ryan at Radio Manchester. I just produced those using Cool Edit Pro, but it's been a live interactive show for about two years, which is good. I'm still just a volunteer, I do have a 'proper' day job (for now, lol)... I probably wouldn't like to be on Key 103 or anything playing the same stuff every day.

Before Pure I did six years of Hospital Radio, now defunct Manchester Hospital Radio in St Mary's. Hospital Radio was in St Mary's for almost fifty years, and then we came along and finished it!
                      But there isn't really a need for HR anymore, tbf: we were finding that no-one was really listening to us on Patientline, the novelty of getting a request played or whatever isn't really there now, and money spent on it has far better uses.

There's a couple of videos on our MHR Facebook group with the bizarre sketches we used to come up with on Hospital Radio... a 'Psychic' programme starring Uri Geller and William Shatner, live from the beach in Tenerife, for instance. Just plain weird, I'm not surprised we got taken off!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590764550&v=box_3#!/group.php?gid=52049843344

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                        I think I would have wet myself with excitement if I'd seen the Playschool gang and the toys in real life!
                        Oui Oui! Moi aussi!

Comment

Tonight...

On the Stockport Years,

• Another Lost Classic
                          • Our continuing search for the Worst Single Ever Released - when Metal Mickey met Bill Haley...
                          • A-Z of Stockport Years reaches 'H'
                          • And our special guest, the featured year of 1981. REVEALED - the contents of Paula Wilcox's Secret Biscuit Tin...

7.30 till 9pm, every Friday, on 107.8FM in Stockport and all over the world online

Click image for larger version

Name:	obama_computer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	259824

Comment

Working...
                          X