Your very petty pet hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Gordon Ramsay so dusgusting and vile with the filth that comes out of his mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Something that's really bugging me is the endless takeaway menus I keep getting pushed through my letterbox. Eaxtly how many takeaways do I have near me to have at least 1 per day shoved through. Most of them don't even push the menu all the way through, I ended up having to pull them through the letterbox myself most of the time.

I did have a funny thing happen once where a guy came to post a menu, saw one was poking out the letterbox and carefully pulled it back through to dispose of it. I thought that was pretty funny thing to happen, there's that many takeaways that the competition is throwing away rival menus that have been half posted.
      On a somewhat related note I get so tired of opening my front door to a veritable blizzard of flyers and business cards advertising tree-trimming services, landscape maintenance and solar panel installation.

Comment

Virgin Media leaflets through the door,virgin media delivered with the post man the list goes on

Comment

I used to keep getting endless leaflets from a local pizza takeaway and heaps more from others. I got sick to death coming home to find my hallway looking like a recycling centre so I saved up 2 months worth of junk mail and flyers and in the wee small hours, went to the pizza takeaway and stuffed the entire lot through their letterbox!

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
            I used to keep getting endless leaflets from a local pizza takeaway and heaps more from others. I got sick to death coming home to find my hallway looking like a recycling centre so I saved up 2 months worth of junk mail and flyers and in the wee small hours, went to the pizza takeaway and stuffed the entire lot through their letterbox!
            Good on you, mate! That's ninety percent of my mail.

Comment

Hate junk mail coming through the door,there seems to be a lot of charity bags coming through the letter box too,there is only so much things you can find to half fill a bag.But you have to be careful incase someone else comes along and help themselves to what we have put out for the charity collection!

Comment

Cheeky salesmen coming to the door, giving you a yarn about them not selling anything and then saying can you start giving money to charity.

#1. You're selling something, so don't lie to me. I'm sick and tired of being told this. You are taking money from my account to buy stuff for someone else. I'm buying goodwill and you coating it in lies isn't going to win me over.
                #2. If I want to give money to charity (and I often do), I'll seek out avenues to get money or donations to them. I don't need some guy to come knocking on my door trying to make a pressure and guilt sale. Being slimy and pulling these tactics results in a shut door in their faces.

You won't believe this, I had one guy knocking on my door last year asking if I'd donate bone marrow. Is this even legal?

I like it when they're straightforward. What are you here for, what are you selling and is there a good enough reason I should be buying? No rubbish or padding out the conversation. All you need is a yes or no answer, the quicker you get a yes or no you can move onto asking someone else.

Comment

Dont answer the door to cold callers,then you dont have to deal with their spiel my motto,also if someone phones after business I just say im not interested and hang up.Not my problem if they are desperate for comission

Comment

people hogging the middle lanes on motorways lol
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I think I might have mentioned it before but campaigners stationed in front of the store pestering you to sign their petitions.

Comment

Does anybody actually look at all this junk mail? Mine goes straight in the bin. I really can't imagine any companies get more business this way so I don't know why they persist. Virgin media are the worst and the charity bags. I use the charity bags as bin liners.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                          Does anybody actually look at all this junk mail? Mine goes straight in the bin. I really can't imagine any companies get more business this way so I don't know why they persist. Virgin media are the worst and the charity bags. I use the charity bags as bin liners.
                          Exactly why do they persist

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                            I use the charity bags as bin liners.
                            Me too. have done for years, saves buying them.
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

yes me too they are good for keeping rubbish in.
                              junk mail and i get lots is good for putting on the fire helps to light it.

Originally posted by HG View Post
                              Me too. have done for years, saves buying them.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I got 2 leaflets through the door yesterday one was join a local gym for £20 a month why go there when you can exercise or walk for free,the second was for a curry house,seems my green recycle bags fill up pretty quickly with all the junk,even when you buy tv guide for the week or take a break or something there is always a sun alliance leaflet or talk talk leaflet inside

Comment

Working...
                                X