No announcement yet.

A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    The 90s zombies film is rather vague and there are several that fit the description. Can you be a bit more specific...plot...star...year or something similar so I can figure out which one you are referring to pls.
    It was a very low budget affair. Was rather unfair that one. was called simply Zombie.. and starred unknowns.. probably a college workshopped effort.

Comment

The 90s zombies film is rather vague and there are several that fit the description. Can you be a bit more specific...plot...star...year or something similar so I can figure out which one you are referring to pls.
      It was a very low budget affair. Was rather unfair that one. was called simply Zombie.. and starred unknowns.. probably a college workshopped effort.

I found The Beast Must Die very disappointing. Expect The Cush was embarrassed to be even involved in it.

Comment

Was it Zombie Toxin? That was very low budget and was released to video--no cinema release so far as I am aware.

Comment

Was it Zombie Toxin? That was very low budget and was released to video--no cinema release so far as I am aware.
          Thatll do.

Comment

New quiz...

1. What was the name of the Underground station in Death Line?

2. Synopsis: Scientist steals power from atomic-powered radar station to create invisible creatures that kill by sucking out brains. What was the film? Hint: Although a British production, it was supposedly set in Canada, with American leads.

3. In Hammer's Dracula, who played Lucy?

4. In Hammer's Hound of the Baskervilles, the producers came up with a novel way of making the hound seem so much larger during the climax on the moor, but was abandoned. What was it?

5. In Robert Wise's The Haunting, what was the name of the original owner and builder of Hill House?

6. Name the early 70s film that was based on a BBC TV series of the same name in which a government unit investigated environmental disasters.

Comment

New quiz...

1. What was the name of the Underground station in Death Line?

2. Synopsis: Scientist steals power from atomic-powered radar station to create invisible creatures that kill by sucking out brains. What was the film? Hint: Although a British production, it was supposedly set in Canada, with American leads.

3. In Hammer's Dracula, who played Lucy?

4. In Hammer's Hound of the Baskervilles, the producers came up with a novel way of making the hound seem so much larger during the climax on the moor, but was abandoned. What was it?

5. In Robert Wise's The Haunting, what was the name of the original owner and builder of Hill House?

6. Name the early 70s film that was based on a BBC TV series of the same name in which a government unit investigated environmental disasters.
              Took a quick squizz. Talk about stumped. Have a good Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                Took a quick squizz. Talk about stumped. Have a good Easter.
                Are you stumped Donny! Lol. That's the first time i've known you to be stumped!!

Comment

Some clues...

1. The one I am looking for has two words in its name. First word begins with R and second word is Square.

2. It's a B/W film. When the atomic power overloads, the creatures become visible, and they are like brains with spinal cord tails. The star played the lead in the TV series Daktari.

3. Her surname could mean boggy or swampy ground.

4. If you can't physically make the hound bigger, what could you do to make Holmes and Watson smaller?

5. His initials were HC and his surname is something used to pick up heavy things.

6. A single word title beginning with D. It starred Ian Hendry and Judy Geeson.

Comment

too obscure. so pass

pass.. sounds like rubbish so unlikly to have seen it.. Marshall Thompson?

Someone Fen or Fenn

Doomwatch

shrink them

Crane

Comment

synopsis: A paleontologist discovers a huge skeleton on his travels in Papua.

How does Count die in Scars of Dracula

synopsis: A traveler with a strange power forces himself upon a young couple and his wife in Devon

Describe the opening scene.

Name the film.

Comment

too obscure. so pass

pass.. sounds like rubbish so unlikly to have seen it.. Marshall Thompson?

Someone Fen or Fenn

Doomwatch

shrink them

Crane

Answers to my quiz...

1. It was Russell Square station.

2. Yes, Marshal Thompson of Daktari fame was the lead. The film was Fiend without a Face. It's actually not a bad film. It is quite suspenseful at times, particularly when the invisible creatures are stalking their prey. When visible, the creature effects are really good for the time, and the climax when a house is being attacked by the nasty little things is exciting.

3. Lucy was played by Carol Marsh.

4. Hammer actually dressed a pair of children as Holmes and Watson to make the hound seem so much bigger, but the effect was so ludicrous that it was scrapped.

5. Hugh Crane was the original owner of Hill House.

6. Yes, Doomwatch. It is rarely screened nowadays. The TV series had an almost entirely different cast--no Ian Hendry or Judy Geeson.

Comment

synopsis: A paleontologist discovers a huge skeleton on his travels in Papua.

How does Count die in Scars of Dracula

synopsis: A traveler with a strange power forces himself upon a young couple and his wife in Devon

Describe the opening scene.

Name the film.

1. I think that is The Creeping Flesh, with the skeleton being that of the Evil One.

2. He is holding an iron fence railing when it is struck by lightning, which causes him to burst into flames, whereupon he plunges off the castle battlements.

3. That's a tricky one. I think it may be The Shout, which I think I have seen only one time.

4. If it is The Shout, I think it starts with a cricket match in the grounds of an asylum for the insane. The scorer is approached by a man who starts telling him a story.

5. I will get back to you on this one.

Comment

1. I think that is The Creeping Flesh, with the skeleton being that of the Evil One.

2. He is holding an iron fence railing when it is struck by lightning, which causes him to burst into flames, whereupon he plunges off the castle battlements.

3. That's a tricky one. I think it may be The Shout, which I think I have seen only one time.

4. If it is The Shout, I think it starts with a cricket match in the grounds of an asylum for the insane. The scorer is approached by a man who starts telling him a story.

5. I will get back to you on this one.
                            You have seen The Shout only once but still recall the opening scene. I have seen it three times at least and would have had to think deep about the opening scene being a cricket match.
                            As for the other two all present and correct.

Comment

You have seen The Shout only once but still recall the opening scene. I have seen it three times at least and would have had to think deep about the opening scene being a cricket match.
                              As for the other two all present and correct.

I think the pic is from The Vampire Lovers.

I think The Shout stayed in my mind as it was such an unusual opening for a horror film. I can't think of another film where cricket plays a part, though there may be some.

Look out for a quiz later on...

Comment

This is a Hammer only quiz...

1. In Curse of Frankenstein, how was the Baron executed at the end of the film?

2. In Scars of Dracula, which distinguished actor played the Count's servant?

3. In Dracula AD1972, how was Johnny Alucard destroyed?

4. In The Mummy, why didn't Peter Cushing's character enter the tomb with the rest of the expedition?

5. In Hands of the Ripper, who plays the fake medium who also attempts to pimp out Anna to the MP?

6. Which film was made back to back with Plague of the Zombies, utilising the same sets and playing with Plague as a double bill?

Comment

Working...
                                X