• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caitlyn
    replied
    Re: Let's Carry On.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    It was Barbara Windsor in A Study in Terror, so well done.

How about this one? Which Carry On Star starred in a 60s musical in which he played a taxi driver aiding an Italian movie star in collecting certain objects around London?
    Sid James?

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Never watch musicals as a rule.. except Sound of Music. Wild stab.. Jim Dale as he was a musician.

Not Jim Dale.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

How about this one? Which Carry On Star starred in a 60s musical in which he played a taxi driver aiding an Italian movie star in collecting certain objects around London?
    Never watch musicals as a rule.. except Sound of Music. Wild stab.. Jim Dale as he was a musician.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

I am thinking the film was A Study in Terror. Wild guess Babs. Or is it one of the more obscure Carry On actresses such as Amanda Barrie or Valerie Leon.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

I am thinking the film was A Study in Terror. Wild guess Babs. Or is it one of the more obscure Carry On actresses such as Amanda Barrie or Valerie Leon.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

It is Terry Scott.

Now that has surprised me as I didn't know he was that much into pantomime. I remember him from the CurlyWurly ads in the 70s with him dressed as a schoolboy.

Which Carry On actress was a Jack the Ripper victim in a 60s film?

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

It is Terry Scott.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

you said yourself panto dames are blokes.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Are you referring to Dame Barbara Windsor? I know she has had a long career in pantomime.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Panto dames are played by men, so it has to be one of the male Carry On stars. Most wore drag in the series at one time or another, but which is Donald referring to...I am not sure. I will have a stab at Peter Butterworth but it is a guess.
    Good stab mate.. but no koopie doll.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Panto dames are played by men, so it has to be one of the male Carry On stars. Most wore drag in the series at one time or another, but which is Donald referring to...I am not sure. I will have a stab at Peter Butterworth but it is a guess.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

New One.

Who Am I?

On the London stage I proved hugely popular in shows such as A Bed Full of Foreigners, The Mating Game and Run For Your Wife which I also toured in the Middle East. I was also one of Britain's most famous pantomime 'dames'.
    Where is Staffs me old lad.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

New One.

Who Am I?

On the London stage I proved hugely popular in shows such as A Bed Full of Foreigners, The Mating Game and Run For Your Wife which I also toured in the Middle East. I was also one of Britain's most famous pantomime 'dames'.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    It's so upsetting when they die, like losing a family member
    You are correct. It is heart breaking. You have to weigh up that with the enjoyment they give you.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

How could anyone not love a puppy. Yes they are a barrel of mischief.. but once they mature they are so precious. We have an older dog Bubbles as well and Bonnie is his companion and ours into our old age. Talk your wife into getting one tex.. she will not regret it.
    It's so upsetting when they die, like losing a family member

Leave a comment:

Working...
X