Mr. Big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Big

American rock group 'Mr. Big' were popular especially in Japan during the 90's. They had a number of top hits including 'To Be With You' (1991) & 'Green Tinted Sixties Mind'.The band split in 2002 due to tension between the band members but reformed in 2009 and are still touring in early 2011.A few of their tracks were soundtracks to the 1990's action film 'Navy Seals' & video game 'The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin'.

More...

Re: Mr. Big

I remember this late 70's 'Mr Big' ..... are they the same band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cndHeQdCptQ

Comment

No, the 90's Mr Big were American formed by the ex bassist from David lee Roth's band, Billy Sheehan.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I don't think they are the same band. I remember their 'to be with you' hit which in my head always flows effortlessly into Def Leppard's 'lets get rocked' as this was the arrangement on my badly edited 'taped off the radio' tape
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I liked a few of their songs, green tinted sixties mind,wild world(cover), shadows,the drill song...they were and still are suprisingly good.

One thing that causes a lot of late 80s early 90s hard rock problems is that you mention their name and the one song theyre most famous for will be mentioned and its that then that stops people really knowing what a band is like.

If i mentioned i liked Europe then some folk would say oh yeah i like the final countdown...even though that was 86...theyve have many many albums before and after that.
          Whitesnake is another - here i go again? - jeezus if the whitesnake back catalogue is reliant on here i go again - and the remix version at that - then Whitesnake as one of the greatest blues/heavy rock "british" bands is lost.
          My worse annoyance though lays at Aerosmiths feet.."i dont want to miss a thing" - a soundtrack song that people assume is the only song they have wrote since the band started in early 70s. and i hate the song too.

Mr big though also did an excellent cover of the who" Baba'oreilly.

Comment

Working...
          X