K C and The Sunshine Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K C and The Sunshine Band

American music group, founded in 1973 by band members, Harry Wayne Casey (KC) and Richard Finch. Their first two single releases did well to reach the charts but it was their 1974 hit "Rock Your Baby" that hit the top spot in 51 countries.Other hits include1975) Get Down Tonight (1975) That's the Way (I Like It)(1977) I'm Your Boogie Man(1976) Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty(1977) Keep It Comin' Love(1977) Boogie Shoes (From the Original Movie - Saturday Night Fever)(1979) Please Don't Go(1983) Give It UpAlthough the group came to an end during 1981, the revival of disco music brought them out of retirement in 1991. Another album "Oh Yeah" was released in 93', although the album was popular it did not sell as well as expected. The group have continued to be in the music industry to date, they sang one of their hits "Get Down Tonight" on American Idol in 2009.

More...

Re: K C and The Sunshine Band

Love them! Love them! Love them!
    I still play those 70s hits all the time
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Re: K C and The Sunshine Band

I only associated 'Give it up' with them as that is the only song I was old enough to remember. I know all of the other great songs now but never realised it was them until now.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
      X