Vauxhall Viva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Viva

The Vauxall Viva was a small family car that we had for a short time. It was made between 1963 and 1979, though we just had a second hand one in the early 1980's (I don't think my dad has bought a new car in his life!).There was also a Viva van, in fact there were quite a few similar car ranges at the time - the car company Opal had a version of the Viva that was very very similar called the Opal Kadett". The whole world of car manufacturing in the 1970's seems very small.The car is a classic in a very true sense - it's main competitors in the car market were the Ford Anglia and the Classicman's Classic, The Morris Minor.

More...

Re: Vauxhall Viva

Nice car. I used to want one as a Matchbox or Corgi car as a child, did end up with an Opel Diplomat from the Superfast range though many years later. Used to see loads of Viva's, Kadetts, Anglias, Minors on the road as a kid or in nice side streets parked...Remember the days when a side road outside houses there'd be a few cars parked? Now there are rows of cars....too many cars it seems. Whenever I see older models of current cars on the road I don't consider them as classic as the cars of our youth, even when I was a child the older cars like the ones mentioned still had a charm to them....rarely see these sorts on the road these days...

Comment

My Dad had a red one in the 70's. My granda had a red chevette too.
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Wow - my parents had one in green that my Dad took the startling decision to paint hammerite red? Brilliant
        Just like a settee in the big as you used to slide across it round corners.

Comment

Working...
        X