Commodore 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commodore 64

I got my first Commodore 64 in 1984 and I still have it now - it works just fine. I have the monitor, printer and disc drive and still use it for amateur radio, packet programs and morse code also. I used to use my Commodore 64 in college also.The Commodore 64 had a built-in keyboard and an external disc drive. Programs were saved on 5 and a 1/4 inch discs and it took many discs to load some programs. The Commodore 64 had 64K bits of memory, of which 32K was available for usuage and as a word processor it was hard to beat, even into the late 80's.Commodore actually had a GUI before Apple had theirs. The games were fun and some were very challanging. There are still many Commodore 64 users in the world today and many emulators are available on the internet.All in all, the Commodore 64 was a fantastic machine... and still is! (As was its baby brother the VIC 20)

More...

Re: Commodore 64

I had the Light Fantastic set in 1990. This was my first proper computer and I remember the light gun very well. I remember the cassette drive taking an age to load games that would always seem to crash when they started. Used to love playing Psycho Hopper, Ghostbusters, Stunt Car Racer, Super Monaco GP and Robocop. IT got replaced 2 years later with a Sega Master System Plus, which I still have in it's original packaging.

Comment

Re: Commodore 64

I've still got mine. I had it out a few years ago to play some retro gaming thing on a games forum. The game was Creatures 2.

Would you happen to be part of GC Powdered Toast Man? Someone wrote the exact same thing as you over there. Might just be coincidence.

Comment

Working...
      X