A La Carte Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A La Carte Kitchen

I didn't have A La Carte Kitchen myself as I was a bit of a tom-boy, but my sister had one. A La Carte Kitchen was a miniture kitchen consisting of a sink on one side and a cooker on the other. It had a fold-down table and two wheels to allow it to be wheeled around. Parents must have been horrified by the prospect of an 'A La Carte Kitchen' on the Christmas wish list, especially with the mess the girl made on the advert as she presented her Father with a dish of swiss roll and baked beans - 'Wake up Daddy, breakfast's ready"' The A La Carte Kitchen, released by Bluebird Toys in 1982 (the makers behind the Big Yellow Teapot) was one of those classic "toys you always wanted but never got", although you could guarantee your best friend had one. Twenty or so years on, the girls who were aching to get one of these little plastic beauties in her Wendy House probably wonder why they were so infatuated with playing the little 'housewife'. However, it's important to remember that this was a time when no one really worried about stereotyping. No doubt, toys on the same wish list also included things like a toy ironing board, vacuum cleaner or Tiny Tears!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk
Working...
X