Soldier And Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier And Me

This was a kids' drama shown on Granada in the 70s after lazy lunches on Sundays, if I remember rightly. It was about a mismatched pairing between a young, innocent, bespectacled schoolboy and an older streetwise boy, who both witness the murder of an invalid. They report it to the police but then the dead man shows up - but it's an imposter, of course! He appears to be involved in some Cold War espionage. Both the boys go on the run to avoid being caught by the bunch of Eastern European gangsters tat killed the man in the first place.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Soldier And Me

I enjoyed this drama at the time ( 1974-ish ) it was pretty dark subject matter for a kids show and I think that was one of the reasons I liked it so much.

It definitely had a gritty feel to it......

The boys were indeed a mismatch but the older boy took the bespecaled younger lad under his streetwise wing - if I remember correctly .

One of the young actors took his own life by throwing himself under a train at the age of 38 . How sad . :cry:

Gerry Sundquist. Not sure which part he played....... anyone ?

Gerry Sundquist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Re: Soldier And Me

Hi there,

For anyone interested in Gerry Sundquist either as a ‘fan’ or being interested in his work, then I thought I would let you know that I have created a group on Facebook, dedicated to his memory. The group is open so anyone can become a member and post comments/links/photos. The link is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=296988184382&ref=ts
      I’ve only created the group today so haven’t had time to add any further info. as yet but will do so in due course and hope that other members will contribute too. The aim is that the facebook group will be more accessible to anyone interested in Gerry’s life/career to help keep his memory alive so you are very welcome to join!
      Thank you for reading this message. kasa.

Comment

Working...
      X