Get Fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Fresh

Get Fresh was a bit like Ghost Train, and like it was shown on Saturday mornings. It was a kids' TV show from the late-80s, broadcast from a spaceship-come-dustbin 'Millennium Dustbin' and hosted by a curious green, snotty monster called Gilbert, who once said: 'If music be the food of love, put that piano in batter!". His side-kick was an even more curiously-named Gaz Top (a human) and Charlotte Hindle. I remember watching Prefab Sprout performing King of Rock and Roll. Bliss. Of course, Saturday mornings being a highly competitive slot for kids TV meant Get Fresh was extinguished after a while to make way for the likes of SMTV and such.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Get Fresh

Gilbert was a legend - How Far to Hitchin on his own show was ridiculous. Got a copy of his book last year - Smoking milk can seriously damage your frying pan on the back.
    Wish they would put it out on DVD.

Comment

"How far to Hitchin it's Hitchin I'm missing

Comment

Hitchin!

Comment

Was it Phil Cornwall that did the voice of Gilbert? Some of his off-hand understated comments were utterly brilliant!

Comment

That's the fella. Closest thing to the randomness of Gilbert is Roberto on Futurama - 'You're not made of Tuesday!'

Cornwell did another fave - Stella Street. That could leave me curled up. And he did a Michael Caine bit on the special edition DVD of the Ipcress File.

Comment

Working...
            X