Sisters Of Mercy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters Of Mercy

Against popular public opinion, The Sisters Of Mercy are not a goth band, more an industrial groove machine. Still going strong today on the live circuit, but haven't released a studio album since 1992 or a single since 1993 after they went on strike against their recording company, Time Warner, for supposedly withholding royalties from them. But anybody that has seen them live recently would testify, though, that they do have enough quality material to make a new album and should do so asap!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Sisters Of Mercy

Missed em 1st time around in the 80s (preferred much more commercial stuff) but bought their greatest hits a few years back and very good it is too.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

My favourite band of all time, have all the albums and singles. I have seen them live several times but not recently. I wish they would release new material that they play live but this is unlikely to happen apparently.

Comment

Loved the first album"First and last and always" but not so keen after that,I preferred the mission who I saw live a few times and always put on a great show

Comment

Totally agree that FALAA is the best album and the best period for the Sisters. I prefer the earlier Mission albums (The First Chapter & God's Own Medicine), I saw them live several times in 1987-89 but lost interest a bit after that.

Comment

I preferred the earlier Mission albums I lost interest when I bought the Carved in sand album.My favourite Mission show was when they played at the bizarre festival in Germany there was a great line up with the pixies and the sugar cubes,with the cure headlining

Comment

Being an ex-goth, I had all their stuff a while back on cassette, but have yet to pick it back up digitally. I saw them twice, too. Once at Birmingham NEC and once here in New York at the Hammerstein Ballroom. The second one was better because it was a smaller venue, but Andrew Eldritch's whole "we're not a goth band" thing gets extremely tiresome after a while. From what I remember their feud with Time Warner was over a couple of years ago. If you don't want people to think you're a goth band, put out some new stuff that isn't goth!

Ahem...

BTW, also loved The Mish and really got into Fields of the Nephilim back in the early 90s, too. THAT was a band I wished I'd seen live back in their heyday...
              Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

I saw them at the Birmingham NEC in 1992 and wasn't that impressed either.

I saw the Nephilim at the Town & Country in 1990 as part of the Fire Festivals, very impressive concert, last concert in the UK with the original line up I believe.:cry:

Comment

I saw the Nephilim at the Liverpool royal court twice,both shows were fantastic,there was loads of dry ice ice and at times you could hardly see the band,a friend of mine went for the complete nephilim look with the cowboy hat and a good covering of flour I'm surprised he made it through Liverpool town centre in one piece as some of the looks and comments he received were a bit on the threatening side

Comment

Working...
                  X