Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chorlton and the Wheelies

The cartoon world of the 1970

Chorlton & the Wheelies one of these stop motion animation series. And perhaps the most surreal of them all (I know! What an achievement…) The episodes take place in "Wheelie World", where the "Wheelies" live (they all move around on wheels – hence the name). The wheels are replaceable, and suitable wheels grow on vegetation found in Wheelie World.

The wheelie society is in constant fear of Fenella the Kettle Witch, who resides in Spout Hall - an oversized kettle (naturally). She is magical and can teleport where she wishes (a fact that terrified my as a nipper). She has magical assistants including a talking book (called 'Claptrap Von Spilldebeans' – if I ever have a cat, that’s what I’m calling it) and O'Reilly the Telescope, which advise her on magic spells. She has lots of helpers called Spikers and Toadies – which as you can imagine from their names aren’t the prettiest creatures.

Brilliantly weird and funny, the writers of Chorlton and the Wheeliers seem to have just thrown every creative idea at the series and somehow it’s worked.

More...

Re: Chorlton and the Wheelies

I loved Chorlton and the Wheelies!

tulip

Comment

Re: Chorlton and the Wheelies

i used to love his comedic northern accent ." ello lit- al ole lad -ey"

Comment

Working...
      X