Colonel Abrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonel Abrams

Colonel Abrams was an American singer who had a few hits in the 80's. His first single was "Trapped" which got to No. 3. I had the single and loved annoying my far cooler brothers by playing it. The second single - "The Truth" didn't do so well but the third - "I'm not Gonna Let You" did better and reached 24, but sadly single number four peaked at No. 75 and that was the last we ever heard of The Colonel. I'd like to think that other people remember him, but sadly it seems I'm the only one!

More...

Re: Colonel Abrams

Originally posted by www.doyouremember.co.uk View Post
    Colonel Abrams was an American singer who had a few hits in the 80's. His first single was "Trapped" which got to No. 3. I had the single and loved annoying my far cooler brothers by playing it. The second single - "The Truth" didn't do so well but the third - "I'm not Gonna Let You" did better and reached 24, but sadly single number four peaked at No. 75 and that was the last we ever heard of The Colonel. I'd like to think that other people remember him, but sadly it seems I'm the only one!

More...
    Nope, I remember him too, it was around the same time as Cameo's Single Life came out, and I didn't realise it wasn't cool to like 'Trapped'! Great dance tunes, then we had Farley Jackmaster Funk and Steve 'Silk' Hurley about a year later, but 'Trapped' was like an embryo of original house music, it wasn't like anything else that was coming out at the time. Radio One still seemed to think that Maria Vidal's 'Body Rock' was right at the heart of the current dance scene (1985).

Comment

Didn't he sing with the Smurfs?
      sigpic

Comment

That was Father Abraham
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
        X