press gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• press gang

A staple of my childhood. Maybe I was just the right demographic, or it hit me at the right age, but I really enjoyed it. The show was a about a newspaper run by children called the "junior Gazette" it was comedic but also dramatic and was very well balanced. Also it had quite a few "stars of tomorrow" I still see people on tv who I say to myself "Wow, they were in press gang". Julia Sawahla (from Absolutely Fabulous) and Dexter Fletcher (from Guy Ritchie Films) to name but two. It tackled real life issues such as substance abuse or firearms control as well as being a bit soap opera like (there was the obvious relationship tension between the male and female lead) The show was nominated for awards and won a Bafta, and ran for 43 episodes over 5 series, and broadcast from 1989 - 1993. And here's a fact - it was the first TV commission for Steven Moffat - who now is the lead writer on Doctor Who!

More...

Re: press gang

I was never a massive fan but have good memories of the episodes I saw. And I always loved Julie Sawalha.

Comment

Re: press gang

Yep I still have the complete boxset i need to trawl through, again as Marine boy has said I was never a massive fan and to be honest the dvds are more to view some nostalgic things we used to have/do/transport/walkmans etc. One reason I didnt get on with it is that bloody fake american accent.

Comment

Working...
      X