Noah and Nelly in Skylark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah and Nelly in Skylark

This was a quasi religious themed kids show. Quasi - because the characters in the show were called Noah (he owned an ark) and his wife Nelly who had a lot of animals on their ark. Although their animals were very strange creatures. Every episode Noah would point to a position on a map and say "Let's go there". On arriving at their random destination, the SkylArk's crew find various strange inhabitants such as talking televisions who usually have a problem they can't solve themselves. The animals often try to help, but things are usually solved by Nelly, who uses her knitting skills to create machines which solve the problem!I really don't see how this solution wasn't used in other areas of 1970's life - Knitting could perhaps have stopped the problems with miners or the electricity shortages. Perhaps my Gran, who sat knitting most of her life, was involved in some kind of grand scheme on that front?Or perhaps not.At least I had more mittend than I could shake a muddy stick at.Noah and Nelly was created by Grange Calveley, writer of the earlier and better known Roobarb and Custard cartoon.

More...
Working...
X