Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost in Space

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marine Boy
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    The cast, pulling faces...


    Billy Mumy and Jonathan Harris


    The 'Pod' (I think that's what is was called...)

    Leave a comment:


  • Marine Boy
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    Originally posted by Sgt Sunshine View Post
    Here comes that theme tune we all remember.....
    Thanks for that lovely reminder of a great theme. It was used for seasons one and two but changed for season three. I think, on balance, I prefer the latter one. Alas, I've not managed to find an upload of it on YT.

    Leave a comment:


  • Marillion
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    Yes, I remember watching it with my brother in the late 60s. And there were the monsters as well - in nearly every episode some monster would come along and attack them. The first episode was shown on television not long ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sgt Sunshine
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    Here comes that theme tune we all remember.....



    Great growing up in the 60's with real Moon landings etc....
    Cheers
    Sgt S

    Leave a comment:


  • kazboot
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    Land Of The Giants was another similar series shown in the 70s. I thought the effects on this prog were superior to Lost In Space.

    Leave a comment:


  • memoman
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    There was some fan thing where they did a cgi of the robbisons returning to earth in Lost in space..i remember it on the internet .I think it was an offical fan thing or something like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    the fella who played zachary smith was perfect for the role.
    he just looked facially perfect.
    he had the look of a real devious type.

    Leave a comment:


  • kazboot
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    I remember one episode when the robot was singing 'I was strolling in the park one day in the merry, merry month of....Danger! Danger!' Funny what sticks in your head!

    I really hated the slimy Dr Zachary Smith and Penny Robinson was played by Angela Cartwright who played Brigitta in The Sound Of Music.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sgt Sunshine
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post


    Robbie the Robot and LiS 'Robot'
    Thanks for the correction Marine Boy.......They do look quite different.....But I love them both.....and the prog of course...
    Cheers
    Sgt S

    Leave a comment:


  • Marine Boy
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space



    Robbie the Robot and LiS 'Robot'

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    fantastic show this was.
    something i never missed on a sunday.
    here is a clip of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHQTYq20_-E

    how long did it run for episode wise.
    each episode i think was an hour if u include ads.
    Last edited by darren; 31-01-2011, 03:37.

    Leave a comment:


  • Marine Boy
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    I loved this show as a child but when I got the entire series on DVD, I realised the standard of the stories varied enormously. At its best, it was great sci-fi.

    Originally posted by Sgt Sunshine View Post
    ..."Robbie the Robot" started out in the film "The Forbidden Planet"..........Robbie waving his arms about and shouting "Alien approaching"
    I'm gonna get all fan-ish now. Robbie, from Forbidden Planet, was only in (I think) two Lost in Space episodes. The LiS robot was a different design and was just called, err, ...'Robot'. But he was famous for flailing his arms around and shouting all sort of things. I think 'Danger Will Robinson' was favourite.

    Leave a comment:


  • Richard1978
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    One of my friends got into it in the late 1980s, & sometime he show me an episode on video.

    Leave a comment:


  • Trickyvee
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    This is a show that I never liked but it always seemed to be on in the background on a Sunday. I can't remember anything about it apart from the old Dr bloke. I don't think I ever actually sat down and watched an episode.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sgt Sunshine
    replied
    Re: Lost in Space

    Yes I can remember running home from School to watch it in the 60's.....
    "Robbie the Robot" started out in the film "The Forbidden Planet" starring the recently deceased Leslie Neilson.....
    I remember Robbie waving his arms about and shouting "Alien approaching"
    Cheers
    Sgt S

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X