Clear All

Re: name your top 3 games you still play

i'll still go back to these 3 occasionally

Shining Force 2 (Megadrive)
    Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
    Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2/PS3)

Comment

Final Fantasy VII (PS1) (Determined to get another playthrough done soon, 15th Anniversary of the UK release this month!)
      The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) (Even if I just switch it on for a quick run around Hyrule Field!)
      Silent Hill HD Collection (PS3) (Never got to play these originally, fantastically atmospheric, great music and very creepy)

Comment

Green Beret (C64)
        Project Stealth Fighter (C64)
        Ridge Racer Type 4 (PSX)

Comment

I was never a big fan of racing games bar the character/kart racing games but Ridge Racer Type 4 is a good one, loved that back in the day. The Ridge Racer games were all pretty good but that one was so well presented, loved the music too.

Comment

final fantasy vii is the best game every palazzo if you get the knights of the round early all ememys fall 1 hit u ever got it mate its so hard to do

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
            Final Fantasy VII (PS1) (Determined to get another playthrough done soon, 15th Anniversary of the UK release this month!)
            The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) (Even if I just switch it on for a quick run around Hyrule Field!)
            Silent Hill HD Collection (PS3) (Never got to play these originally, fantastically atmospheric, great music and very creepy)
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
              final fantasy vii is the best game every palazzo if you get the knights of the round early all ememys fall 1 hit u ever got it mate its so hard to do
              nah i wouldn't say its hard, man, nothing on FF7 is hard really, even beating Emerald and Ruby aren't that hard if you prepare properly. did you know its even possible to beat Emerald in one hit lol, this is without cheating or anything like that too.

Comment

so hows that done then and i hate trying get a gold chocobo
                takes ages lol
                Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                nah i wouldn't say its hard, man, nothing on FF7 is hard really, even beating Emerald and Ruby aren't that hard if you prepare properly. did you know its even possible to beat Emerald in one hit lol, this is without cheating or anything like that too.

Comment

so hows that done then and i hate trying get a gold chocobo
                  takes ages lol
                  i've never done it myself, but it is true, as you may or may not know each character's ultimate weapon has a hidden trait, and Vincent's 'Death Penalty' is particularly special. the more enemies you kill with it the stronger it gets and if you put in the time to kill over 65365 enemies with it, it becomes ridiculously overpowered and can kill anything in 1 hit lol.

Comment

I did indeed get KOTR on a couple of play-throughs mate, agree it was a bit of a process to get it. Not necessarily difficult, just extremely time consuming. I still love that summon though, it's great to see each of the knights do their thing on some unlucky villain. I don't think I ever maxed it out though, I will have to check some old save games but I don't think I managed to max that materia out.

On the subject of the Chocobo sidequest, and correct me if I'm wrong guys but didn't you get a special item by beating the Ruby Weapon which could then be traded for a Gold Chocobo right off the bat? Desert Rose I think it was called, although I never traded it in, I wanted to keep the item in my inventory to prove I had beaten that bloody Ruby Weapon!

Comment

lol mate yea i never beat ruby weapon as my weapons were never upgraded to full power when bumped in to him so i had to do the v v v v v very long proscess to get the gold chocobo beating ruby was the easy way to then trade in the desert rose to the manin kalm for the gold chocobo but i never done one day i just might do it as i keep startin ffvii of again and again these new ff games have nothing on ffvii

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                      I did indeed get KOTR on a couple of play-throughs mate, agree it was a bit of a process to get it. Not necessarily difficult, just extremely time consuming. I still love that summon though, it's great to see each of the knights do their thing on some unlucky villain. I don't think I ever maxed it out though, I will have to check some old save games but I don't think I managed to max that materia out.

On the subject of the Chocobo sidequest, and correct me if I'm wrong guys but didn't you get a special item by beating the Ruby Weapon which could then be traded for a Gold Chocobo right off the bat? Desert Rose I think it was called, although I never traded it in, I wanted to keep the item in my inventory to prove I had beaten that bloody Ruby Weapon!

Comment

lol mate yea i never beat ruby weapon as my weapons were never upgraded to full power when bumped in to him so i had to do the v v v v v very long proscess to get the gold chocobo beating ruby was the easy way to then trade in the desert rose to the manin kalm for the gold chocobo
                        Ruby is pretty much impossible without Knights of The Round so getting a gold chocobo this way is worthless anyway, on the subject i've actually had 6 Class S Gold Chocobos in my stables

done everything on FF7 except max out everyone's stats and levels but didn't see the point, once you have Knights of the Round and Final Attack materia (linked to Phoenix) all mastered you're pretty much invincible.

Comment

ive never maxed out any mate just ploughed through game spose i could off but its tha long of a game the part off game i realy hate is the story of clouds past YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god tha drags on

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                          Ruby is pretty much impossible without Knights of The Round so getting a gold chocobo this way is worthless anyway, on the subject i've actually had 6 Class S Gold Chocobos in my stables

done everything on FF7 except max out everyone's stats and levels but didn't see the point, once you have Knights of the Round and Final Attack materia (linked to Phoenix) all mastered you're pretty much invincible.

Comment

ive never maxed out any mate just ploughed through game spose i could off but its tha long of a game the part off game i realy hate is the story of clouds past YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god tha drags on
                            god tell me about it, the flashback at Kalm, and the part when Cloud goes into a coma do my head in. but its just a good feeling once you get him back and you're all on the Highwind setting out for the North Crater and you get that great highwind theme.

Comment

Great to see all you guys loving FF VII. I recently got it for my PSP and have been reliving the memories. It's still a fantastic game. It's true that some of the story telling is a bit long winded but it's also got some amazing parts that either make you laugh or cry. I know everyone remembers the death of Aeris but the one choker for me is when Nanaki/Red XIII finds out his father wasn't a coward but a hero. When he howls at his father's petrified body and it cries is a marvellous piece of fantasy drama.

Aside from FF VII I still play Quake on my PC and also Guardian Heroes on Xbox (it's an old Sega Saturn game).

Cheers,
                              Finnthedude.

Comment

I never understood the love for FFVII. I played it back then and thought it was OK. I played through a fair section of it a few years back and gave up. It wasn't for me at all. I was bored rigid over the whole affair.

I will say this though, it has outstanding music. Nobuo Uematsu is a genius composer. The music really stands out head and shoulders above everything else in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X