Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urban Legends in Retro Videogames

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
    I heard similar to this that if you stood on the bow end of the boat until just before midnight that a boat came that you could jump onto that took you to a secret island ....... never tried so not sure
    Don't bother trying, it will never happen.
    It was a joke that became an urban legend.
    It started in one of the Sinclair magazines, can't remember which one though.

Comment

Re: Urban Legends in Retro Videogames

Some great ones popping up through the thread, many of which had totally slipped my mind. That Polybius one is indeed very creepy, I remember reading about that awhile back. The Lavender Town Pokemon thing is another level of weirdness too, that music is very strange and I still haven't listened to more than a few seconds of it.

I also like the Squall is Dead Final Fantasy VIII one that popped up a few years back that contests that the main character of the game actually dies at the end of the first disc and everything that follows over the next three discs of the game is some sort of dream. This is one I don't believe in as such but if you read through the evidence it actually doesn't seem that far-fetched when you take into account some of the far-out stuff that happened throughout that story. If nothing else though, this rumour gave the game extra replay value as people dusted off their copies to play through once again, hoping to see the game in a different light with this new theory in mind.

Thanks to all who have posted so far by the way, have enjoyed reading these!

Comment

Working...
      X