Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario 3

What a superb game this was.
    Was originally released on the nes then on the snes.

There where slight differences between the 2 versions.

Not really a hard game though.

But lovely music tho and each world looked really good and the same with the actual rounds.
    World 4 was too short though.

Mario 1 i thought much harder.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Mario 3

I have to agree. I don't have the original NES version, but I do have the Super Mario All Stars remake for the SNES and the remake for the Gameboy Advance, both with SNES graphics.
    I found SMB3 a bit harder than Super Mario World as they both have map screens.
    Gotta like what the princess says to Mario at the end.

Comment

i thought super mario world much harder, i played mario 3 soon as it came out i can stroll thru each world fairly easily.
      but the nes version graphically is still faIRLY GOOD.

the nes version didnt have the lightning in the background on the end of world ships.

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
      I have to agree. I don't have the original NES version, but I do have the Super Mario All Stars remake for the SNES and the remake for the Gameboy Advance, both with SNES graphics.
      I found SMB3 a bit harder than Super Mario World as they both have map screens.
      Gotta like what the princess says to Mario at the end.

Comment

Memories of SMB3 for me were:
        The hammer bros suit.
        Goomba's boot that only appeared on one level. Why couldn't it appear more often?
        That level in world 2 with the sun chasing Mario.
        And one level I didn't like, that was world 7-4 which consisted of underwater and scrolling.

Comment

yep the sun round was world 2.

the hammer suit was wonderful i hardly used it seemed a shame to as it looked good on the item select screen.

it made such a great sound as the hammers went thru bowser.
          i also loved the whistles u could get and the coin ships i got most coin ships to appear.

Comment

all the Mario games great have you ever played Mario the lost levels now they hard to do never completed it to this day
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

it's on GBA too, think it's the SNES Mario All Stars version

Comment

never really got close to winning it.

Firstly the worlds go up in numbers then later on theyre in letters

MARIO 3 ISNT ACTUALLY THAT HARD THO CAN DO THE FIRST 4 WORLDS IN UNDER A HALF HOUR.

THERE ARE SOME SLIGHT DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE NES AND SNES VERSIONS THO SUCH AS LIGHTNING IN THE BACKGROUND.

DIFFERENCES DONT MAKE IT HARDER THO.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                all the mario games great have you ever played mario the lost levels now they hard to do never completed it to this day
                Last edited by darren; 02-01-2016, 14:53.

Comment

I don't know what it is with Mario games and extra lives but Nintendo just love to chuck 1-ups at you. Been replaying Mario DS on the train home from work and now at world 8 I'm sitting at 74 lives. I remember a Star Road level in Mario World that's under water and has stars all the way along. Once you get to 8000 points from killing baddies you get a 1-up for each baddie killed from then on. It's not like Mario World was that hard you would need all those lives.

Comment

When you get to world six in mario 3 theres a fortress and if you find and hit the right block u can then turn all blocks into coins keep going in and out for as long as you want.

Mario 1 in comparison is very strict with lives.

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                    i don't know what it is with mario games and extra lives but nintendo just love to chuck 1-ups at you. Been replaying mario ds on the train home from work and now at world 8 i'm sitting at 74 lives. I remember a star road level in mario world that's under water and has stars all the way along. Once you get to 8000 points from killing baddies you get a 1-up for each baddie killed from then on. It's not like mario world was that hard you would need all those lives.

Comment

Working...
                    X