Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help remembering a game

Hi all,

Back in the 80's a friend of mine had a 2 player game, I am pretty sure on his C64.

You could play the computer or a human opponent, turn based game, each player had an army made up of 'fantasy' creatures. Centaurs, Arcangels, etc. When I google with these types of descriptors I come up with Archon, but pretty sure that isn't it.

its really starting to bug me trying to remember it.

Any ideas as to what this was would be very welcome :-)

Re: Need help remembering a game

Originally posted by M1keyc View Post
    Hi all,

Back in the 80's a friend of mine had a 2 player game, I am pretty sure on his C64.

You could play the computer or a human opponent, turn based game, each player had an army made up of 'fantasy' creatures. Centaurs, Arcangels, etc. When I google with these types of descriptors I come up with Archon, but pretty sure that isn't it.

its really starting to bug me trying to remember it.

Any ideas as to what this was would be very welcome :-)
    It sounds like one of the Heroes of Might and Magic games but I don't recall a Commodore 64 version of that?

Comment

I checked and nope that's not it, but thanks for trying. It's really beginning to bug me now.

defrinately turn based, I think it was split with one side having what would normally be known as good creatures - Centaurs, Unicorns, Arcangles... And the other side more Devils, demons and such.

the playing field I think was hexagonal unlike Archin which is squares, but of course I could be mis remembering.

Comment

I figured it out, after going through digital scans of every issue of Zzap64 and not finding the game, I moved on to my old copies of Amiga Power, and found a winner. The game in question was in fact Celtic Legends, 1991

just goes to show how my memory was effected by all those parties in the 90's :^D

Comment

Originally posted by M1keyc View Post
          I figured it out, after going through digital scans of every issue of Zzap64 and not finding the game, I moved on to my old copies of Amiga Power, and found a winner. The game in question was in fact Celtic Legends, 1991

just goes to show how my memory was effected by all those parties in the 90's :^D
          Well done!

Comment

Working...
          X