Computer Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer Magazines

I've got a whole bunch of Atari User and Page 6 magazines (for the Atari 400/800/XL/XE) from the early to late 80's.

My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Originally posted by the red max View Post
      Just before Zzap64 started there was a good one called Personal Computer Games.
      I've still got a few issues of PCG (including the great double whammy review issue of Ultimate's Knight Lore and Underwurlde) and even applied for a job there after I finished college. I went for an interview with the editor - Chris Anderson but never got it. In the next few years he went off to start up Future Publishing and make his fortune. I met him again in the 90s when I was working for Future on (ironically) games magazines and it turned out that the guy who got the job instead of me went on to Future, too and made a packet! Soooo close!

Comment

Amiga Power was great but it wasn't really about the amiga. The One amiga was OK, Gamesmaster magazine was good back in the day.

Comment

I collected commodore c64 and sega magazines.I know that i have some knocking about still.I still say the c64 and all the other early computers gave more pleasure than many computers that came since.Technology has speed along ,But we all can remember the first buzz from our first taste of technolgy.Just like we all remember our first girlfriend.Modern setups are so sofisticated that we just take the technology for granted.As they are much more robust.Fixing our little systems gave us hours of fun.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by memoman; 18-12-2009, 02:32.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll tell you a tale about computer magazines that's a bit naughty, me and this lad used to go to our local coop supermarket and pull the demo disks off the cover and rob them from the shop, kinda shameful i know but we were only ten and we really needed those demos!

Comment

Working...
            X