ZX Spectrum games - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ZX Spectrum games - again

If anyone sinterested i have load sof Spectrum games still, if anyone wants them.......?

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
      If anyone sinterested i have load sof Spectrum games still, if anyone wants them.......?
      Have an emulator now on the Pc so thanks but no thanks.
      "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Re: computer games

I remember a computer space invaders type game, that me and my brother had between us in the late 70's called Astro wars. We had hours of fun shooting the aliens and collecting points. If you got enough points, you faced the mother ship and if you blew the heck out of the mother, you got 10,000 points and it'd play a victory tune. Cool.

Comment

Yeah, I had that too. Cool game! Apparently, there's an emulator for it on the Game & Watch thread but I can't get it to download for me, maybe you'll be able to Ian.

Comment

You Carnt Beat The Old Games There The Best Rubbish Graphics And Colour Clash Screens But Great Fun For Hours And No Saving So Had To Try Complete Games With 3 Lives
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I tend to appreciate the shorter games now that I just don't have the time for epics anymore. Lord knows how long it'll take me to get through Zelda on the Wii.

The speccy had a lot of rubbish but a lot of classics, too. I've still got mine and from time to time still load stuff off tapes. Gives you time to make a cuppa.

BTW - it must be hell having to type every word with a cap - makes it a bit hard to read as well

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                BTW - it must be hell having to type every word with a cap - makes it a bit hard to read as well
                Yeah, what's going on there xmark?

Comment

mrs tells me off if i dont put caps in my words so easy to do the lot lol
                  THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                    You Carnt Beat The Old Games There The Best Rubbish Graphics And Colour Clash Screens But Great Fun For Hours And No Saving So Had To Try Complete Games With 3 Lives
                    the graphics where not great but it did not matter.
                    games where very basic but they where still brill.
                    games jsw,renegade so engrossing.
                    i spent many yrs playing them.
                    and still do.
                    check this out.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpedhIsBLc0

and this one.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh0g73JvFbo

i get far more enjoyment out of the speccy than i do out of modern consoles.
                    when i say modern i mean playstation x box etc.
                    Last edited by darren; 29-11-2010, 14:42.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had a speccy +2, but I never really got into computer games and so only had the ones that came free with the computer. I think there were six of them but I can only remember three of them (probably because I couldn't make head nor tail of the others). One was to do with golf but I can't remember the name, then there was Rentokill Rita who you had to navigate through all these halls and rooms to kill bugs, and my favourite was a pirate game (also forgotten the name) where you had to get your pirate past blind pugh with his stick and jump over barrels etc.

My downfall with games was that I wasn't very intuitive. I could never figure out what I was supposed to do and soon got frustrated and bored. It seemed to crash a lot too. It always came up with 'scroll?' and then none of the buttons would work and I'd want to throw it out the window. Does anyone know what 'scroll?' meant? Like everything else it was a mystery to me. Needless to say my speccy didn't get a lot of use!
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by MommaMystique View Post
                        I recall playing some game called ' The Crypt' or something like it. You had to work your way through the various levels/rooms avoiding vampires, ghosts etc and colect stakes as you go on your merry way. But you had to make sure you had a pile of stakes left to kill the big bad vampire at the end and learn the secret of the Crypt.
                        After many hours of working through this you are ready to learn the Secret of the crypt..... want to know what the secret was?....
                        well I f I told you it wouldnt be a secret anymore would it!
                        Btw this game was devised by a ten year old!!!
                        Yes I remember this, it was one of those programs that was originally published in Sinclair User or Sinclair programs as a type it in yourself job but someone snapped it up & released it on tape format.
                        I used to spend hours typing in these programs to find sometimes they didn`t work so you had to backtrack thru the program & find the error, I learned a fair bit about basic & machine code this way.
                        "If it moves shoot it, if it doesn't move shoot it anyway!"

Comment

Why is it that games these days're more about how real/detailed the graphics look and the size of the budgets?
                          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
                            Why is it that games these days're more about how real/detailed the graphics look and the size of the budgets?
                            That is why games are not as good as they where in our day.
                            I was just playing my c64 an thinking how sad it is that games are all about graphics etc.
                            was playing this just a wee while ago.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMl5W4NN1N8
                            Last edited by darren; 21-12-2010, 01:29.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

When developers go back to good old gameplay they still come up with the goods. Command and Conquer Red Alert from the 1990s is one of my favourites, and Lego Star Wars on my PSP is absolutely superb.

Comment

'Horace Goes Ski-ing' - should have been called 'Horace tries to cross the Road!' Anyone who played this will know what I mean!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X