Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you collect?

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    Thank you. I'm now looking for the "Boris Bus" model which Corgi just came out with.

Love your old style Routemaster models VB. I was in London in April for the first time in a good few years and was disappointed not to see any of the new Routemasters or, for that matter, any of the old ones! They must have rolled out a good few of the new ones over the summer though as I went back in October and the place was full of them. I really like the design. I even managed to spot some old Routemasters too. They're decommissioned generally but they keep a handful going on a couple of 'heritage routes'.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Nice collection of crested ware Victor. I have a couple of pieces myself although not in as great condition. My best one is a Welsh hat by W H Goss from St. Helens.
      I collect all kinds of stuff though not really intensively. Does that make me a hoarder?
      My largest collection is probably Brooke Bond Tea cards and books from the 60's, 70s, 80's and some cigar and cigarette cards on various subjects.
      I know they are not really valuable but I used to collect them in the day and I loved the artwork and facts on the back.
      My favourites are History of Aviation, Inventors and Inventions and Adventurers and Explorers sets from the mid 70's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	advent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	260481Click image for larger version

Name:	History of Aviation.jpg
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	260482Click image for larger version

Name:	invent.jpg
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	260483

Comment

The cigarette cards I'd love to have are the 1923 "How to Make Your Own Wireless Set" series by Godfrey Phillips. I paid around £2.50 for those crested ware pieces at a yard sale. It was probably somebody's souvenirs from a trip to the UK.

Comment

I don't have any of the wireless card set you mentioned. I will probably be breaking up my cigarette card collection next year and putting it up for sale on e-bay.Always liked the cards showing wildlife especially Birds. I will keep my tea cards as many of the sets I collected as a child.

Comment

My latest additions:

Lledo (left) and Matchbox (right)

Guy Arab bus by Corgi

Comment

I collect Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 games
              Power Rangers, Tamagotchis, Nickelodeon, Super Nintendo... oh man, the 90s were the best time to grow up!

Comment

Interesting thread Darren, and fascinating to see photos of people's collections. I collect Jackie magazines from the 70s - I used to get it delivered with the newspapers every Wednesday morning and wish to goodness I had kept them! So interesting to look back through them now, especially the ads

Comment

thanks mate.

i have the following consoles

http://ascii.textfiles.com/wp-conten.../08/c64_10.jpg
                  http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...stem_(PAL).png

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...stem_Model.png
                  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...odore_C64C.JPG

Originally posted by LivedOnMars View Post
                  Interesting thread Darren, and fascinating to see photos of people's collections. I collect Jackie magazines from the 70s - I used to get it delivered with the newspapers every Wednesday morning and wish to goodness I had kept them! So interesting to look back through them now, especially the ads
                  Last edited by darren; 13-01-2014, 00:10.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...onsole-Set.jpg

Comment

Wow, I remember the Commodore 64 Darren. I didn't have anything like that but my friend's brother was into all that stuff and it seemed proper cutting edge at the time! I also remember the pong game and my sister had a little pacman electronic game that was fun

Comment

hi mate its a pity u didnt keep those magazines u had but as a kid u dont take care of things a lot of the time.

i had those consoles way back in the eighties my older bro had some too.

but back in the early 2000's i bought them again cost me a lot although the games are cheap but can go for like hundreds of quid the real rare ones.

pong was fun so basic and addictive.

Originally posted by LivedOnMars View Post
                        Wow, I remember the Commodore 64 Darren. I didn't have anything like that but my friend's brother was into all that stuff and it seemed proper cutting edge at the time! I also remember the pong game and my sister had a little pacman electronic game that was fun

Comment

ill have this this week been near 30 yrs since i had this exact one.

http://vintagecpu.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/zx2.jpg

Comment

try collect old games and consoles books and dvds
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

When I was 14 I started collecting 78rpm records.....God knows why! Most of them were from the 1930's & 40's, I think I just liked the fact that I was experiencing a bit of musical history which was rapidly fading away as so many of them were simply thrown out or destroyed in the 70's & 80's. I built up a considerable collection but lost interest in my early 20's. I experienced a rennaisance around 2004 when I opened an account on ebay and had alot of them delivered by post, despite their fragility most of them arrived intact. I pruned my collection last year and sold about a hundred as a job lot on ebay. I got a quid for them! I have a nucleas now mainly Elvis, Sinatra, Kitt & others from that era. Alas my 1959 Philips Disc Jockey Major died last year so I have nothing to play them on now....tbh...I couldn't care less!

Comment

your 1959 Philips Disc Jockey Major has sure had a long life it sure im betting had a long working life.

you only got a quid for 1 hundred of them.
                                seems very poor to get so little.

ive records too and ive nothing to play them on either not worried as they look superb.

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                                When I was 14 I started collecting 78rpm records.....God knows why! Most of them were from the 1930's & 40's, I think I just liked the fact that I was experiencing a bit of musical history which was rapidly fading away as so many of them were simply thrown out or destroyed in the 70's & 80's. I built up a considerable collection but lost interest in my early 20's. I experienced a rennaisance around 2004 when I opened an account on ebay and had alot of them delivered by post, despite their fragility most of them arrived intact. I pruned my collection last year and sold about a hundred as a job lot on ebay. I got a quid for them! I have a nucleas now mainly Elvis, Sinatra, Kitt & others from that era. Alas my 1959 Philips Disc Jockey Major died last year so I have nothing to play them on now....tbh...I couldn't care less!

Comment

Working...
                                X