Egg Men???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Men???

Does anyone remember or did they have Egg Men figures? My sister and I had one each. About 3 inches high, literally an egg made of plastic with two movable arms with pegs on them and two white gloved hands able to grip accessories. These were also removable. The egg had a face much like a classic Lego Man (smiley). Had a hole in the top for a hat - we had a Train Station Guard and a Builder so one had a blue hat much like the type B.R. Station Staff used to wear (like a Kepi) and the other a yellow builders hard hat. They had legs, basically molded in one piece so not posable with a peg in the top that clipped into the bottom of the egg shape. These had a pair of molded in one piece black shoes that pegged onto the legs. Arms and legs of Egg Men came in different matching colours - my sisters builder had green arms and legs and mine had red arms and legs.

I vaguely recall they came in white cardboard boxes with hand - drawn images on all sides, I'm sure the image showed Egg Men crowded round in concern as another Egg Man had been broken - his face had a sad inverted smiley.

My parents got them for us circa 1982/3 when we went to London one day....

Re: Egg Men???

Were they 'The Good Eggs'? I never had any myself, though I remember the ad. for them on TV- "We're good eggs, all jolly good eggs..." There was a farmer one, and a nurse as well. I remember them as being taller than 3ins high though, so perhaps these were something different again.

Comment

Any bells ringing?
      http://sashastreet.blogspot.com/2010...good-eggs.html

Comment

YES! T'is they!!! Anyone else have them?

Comment

Working...
        X