Vintage 1977 star wars figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage 1977 star wars figures

I was a big fan of the original films when they first came out, had books, models, posters etc., but never had any of the figures. The only one that really interested me was the AT-AT, someone living near me had one in their window which I used to admire enviously.

Comment

I remember even back in the early '90s the original Kenner figures could still be had at yard sales for about 15p and Millenium Falcons could be found in thrift shops (charity shops) for around £3.00.

Comment

Yep, they do go cheap now. Retrogames said it right...

Did you sell them around 2005? I think it was after the last film the market finally bottomed. What does annoy me is Hasbro makes updated sculpts of movie accurate figures from the classic trilogy and even packages them in retro style packs, but their flagship product was G.I.JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO, they did make some wonderful updated sculpts of figures from the toyline circa 1982 - 89 for their 25th Anniversary, then came two different cartoons - Resolute, and then the stupid, stupid film, so they made toys for that, which were on the whole rubbish. Then they did new toys based on a new cartoon called G.I.JOE RENEGADES, and a 30th Anniversary line, which didn't last long as Paramount have made a sequel to the film called G.I.JOE RETALIATION, they stopped making the 30th and Renegades figures and the stuff made for the new film is simply based on some existing molds of figures and vehicles with rubbish action features - some of the figures are like Star Wars classic figures with less articulation - basically, I wish Hasbro would stick to making a classic line, and rebuild the brand up...

Comment

Working...
        X