The Aurora Monster Glow-in-the-Dark Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Aurora Monster Glow-in-the-Dark Kits

As an ardent fan of the Universal monster movies, I used to love collecting the plastic Aurora monster kits. I had most of them, but never managed to get the Frankenstein one. For some reason, that particular monster was a rarity in the model shops on my area.
    Wirral Writer
    www.alantoner.com

Re: The Aurora Monster Glow-in-the-Dark Kits

The Aurora monster kits bring back an odd memory for me...I remember very clearly being taken to a toy shop by my dad back in the mid 70s and, on seeing the Aurora kits, being asked which one I'd choose. For some reason I chose the one that I thought (and still think, having seen the box images online) had the scariest box artwork - The Phantom of The Opera. This was all fine until we got it home and I realised that the box artwork basically terrified me (I was probably about 8 at the time). Needless to say the model never got built and, whilst the box is missing, I still have all the pieces and instructions in storage (wonder if it's worth anything?).

Even looking at the box images online today, the artwork is very striking, and I still find the Phantom artwork a bit disturbing - I would have been so much happier and calmer with a Dracula or Frankenstein!!

Comment

Re: The Aurora Monster Glow-in-the-Dark Kits

The Aurora kits were reissued sometime in the 1990s by an outfit called Playing Mantis.

Comment

Working...
      X