Randy The Walking Monkey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy The Walking Monkey.

Oh god......anyway here goes, did anyone have one of these in the 60s......I use to love it, ( I was more intrigued.) and I'm on cine camera film, (before video.) walking with it rather awkwardly.:cry:

It didn't walk with me as we'll as I wanted it too so I soon lost interest.....mind, it wasn't meant for pulling rather you walk with it.
    Anyway have a good chortle.
    20" tall plush toy with vinyl head. Clothing covers metal body containing battery box and motor. An Illfelder toy, 1960s, Japan. Colorful box with actual photo of young girl taking Randy for a walk. Box lid has color rubs along all top edges. Few creases and few spots on sides. Bottom contains original inserts. Fine. Toy works. You hold his one rigid arm in your hand, other arm swings alongside. Toy then walks with you by way of sticky fabric patches applied to Randy's heels. These patches show some wear although toy still works as intended. Battery box is clean although furnished removable strip of tin to hold the three batteries and facilitate their placement in and out shows some oxidation. This in no way affects operation. Toy shows light wear. Clothing is clean and bright, with the exception of some fading to hat. Overall Fine. Large and impressive toy.
    Attached Files
Working...
X