• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best toy you NEVER had

A la carte kitchen
    Mr Frosty
    My little pony dream castle
    fisher price lawnmower with dome that had glitter in or blew bubbles or something
    Speak and spell or the sergeant major one whatever he was called

Those are the ones I am stll upset over now but I'm sure there were probably many more at the time. But reading what other people wanted I realise I did have quite alot :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
      a neighbour's (older) daughter demonstrated hers to me. She said I was too young to touch it. My parents said "Maybe when you're a bit bigger'' but it never happened.
      A sad tale so often told by boys. Still, what about the Spiromatic?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Comment

I remember being at nursery and wanting a lone ranger or tonto figure, never got one

sigpic

Comment

I was one of 6 and we never had much but it seemed that all my friends were spoilt rotten! My neighbour had 2 Barbie houses, a convertible, horses, endless outfits. My best friend was always first with the latest thing, a Cabbage Patch doll, a Jem and the Holograms doll, a My Little Pony, a Care Bear. Plus she always had the best one. She had Funshine Care Bear, I had the grumpy looking one. She got the Jem doll, I got Aja the guitarist (actually Aja was much better but I didn't feel that way at the time!)

Comment

Major Morgan, magic stick, walkie talkies, pogo stick, small battery operated pin ball machine, drum kit (tins, tupperware and knitting needles just didn't cut the mustard!), Snoopy flip flops from Woolworths with a changing picture on the sole, eraser in the shape of a light bulb (friend had one, but proved elusive to find), buckle jelly shoes, a real care bear (my mam asked an old woman down the street to make one for me. It was very well made and I see now that it was much better than the real thing, but at that age you want the real thing. The weirdest thing about it was that it didn't have black bits in the eyes. It was just eyelids with a white eye underneith. Freaky!
            1976 Vintage

Comment

The one toy I always wanted but never got was a doll's house. I don't think I ever specifically asked for one, I just expected Father Christmas to know. I think the reason I wanted one was because I thought that the little dolls in it would come alive at night like in the Enid Blyton stories I read.
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                The one toy I always wanted but never got was a doll's house. I don't think I ever specifically asked for one, I just expected Father Christmas to know. I think the reason I wanted one was because I thought that the little dolls in it would come alive at night like in the Enid Blyton stories I read.
                That's a shame. I had a lovely doll's house. Somebody made it for me and again, it is one of those things that I really appreciate now but didn't as a child. I don't even know who made it for me but it was beautiful and had lots of lovely furnature inside it. It may have been a hand me down from someone else. I don't know. Anyway I was a bit of a tom boy and wasn't that into it. If I had my time again I would appreciate such things more.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

I wanted a Matchbox 'Race 'n' Chase' set after playing on my cousin's one. I had an ordinary Powertrack, which was great, but the Race 'n' Chase was much more fun. I loved the way the cars could spin round and head back in the other direction.

Then there was 'Big Trak' - but now it's back, that's an achievable dream!
                  "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

looks like a lot of people on here wanted some of the things i did,

i always wanted an evel knievel bike but it was not to be,

also on my denied list, (with reasons)

computer battleships, (annoyingly noisy constant pinging sonar noise)
                    TCR racing system, (already had a scalextric)
                    Raleigh Burner, (absolutely forbidden, proper bike or none at all)
                    Crossfire, (Not educational enough)
                    Tin can alley, (same reason as above)
                    Buckaroo and that jaws version, (see above)
                    Lego Technical set number 8860 (horrendously expensive)

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      That's a shame. I had a lovely doll's house. Somebody made it for me and again, it is one of those things that I really appreciate now but didn't as a child. I don't even know who made it for me but it was beautiful and had lots of lovely furnature inside it. It may have been a hand me down from someone else. I don't know. Anyway I was a bit of a tom boy and wasn't that into it. If I had my time again I would appreciate such things more.
                      did you ever try to get this dolls house again tricky.
                      im sure if you check the web and other places you might get it again.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I wouldn't want it back now. I like to think it's still out there somewhere giving some little girl a lot of fun, although we are talking almost 30 years ago when I was the owner!

I've thought of some other things I wanted but never got.

Skalextric
                        Kettler go cart with pedals and chunky tyres
                        BMX (particularly the Vectar (?) one with the black and red plastic moulding, too cool for words)
                        One of those scooters that were in the style of a BMX
                        (see, told you I was a tom boy. Boy's toys were much more exciting)

But then again, I also wanted and never got:
                        A Supergirl outfit
                        A Baby doll
                        Pound Puppy

Also a speak and spell and one of those red things you blew into with the piano keys down the side.
                        Last edited by Trickyvee; 11-09-2010, 17:59.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

...and then there was the girl's world, play dough hairdressers and Tomytronic hand held fighter jet game thing. Blimey the list is endless I'm going to have to get the violin out in a minute.

I did have a Mr Frosty though. You missed nothing people, he was rubbish.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

I always wanted the Star wars AT-AT, simon and Major morgan. But santa never brought me them

Comment

I never got a Big Trax ! We had one at school to use during lessons but I always wanted my own. I saw recently that they'd been reissued so maybe my time has come ! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by steve242526 View Post
                                I never got a Big Trax ! We had one at school to use during lessons but I always wanted my own. I saw recently that they'd been reissued so maybe my time has come ! Lol
                                Yes they are in the xmas next catalogue (probably not the cheapest place to find them though)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X