No announcement yet.

Cool 1970s toys from my childhood..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticking with the Anderson theme..these are actually mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	178df4f8-adbf-4e17-b3b1-2ab07392ff21.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	281148

Comment

Dinky 351 Shado Interceptor from UFO. Originally my gran bought me one for xmas 1972 typically perceptive of her. God rest her soul.

Name:	b9ed5480-4358-49cf-8f58-ab4d3dd7cc9f.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	281151

Comment

Last one for today..the only Star Wars toy I have ever owned (my brothers were the collectors for SW).

Name:	bd185e91-e582-4086-ae5a-6b40ee1acb8d.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	281153

Comment

Another great toy from the 70s, possibly late 60s i'm not sure. this rifle did everything!
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Ha ha the good old Johnny Seven. Couldnt get away with it in these namby pamby times we live in now.

Comment

I recall playing a board game called Ski Run in the mid 70s.
              purchased the toy 3 years ago for nostalgic reasons.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 70s kid View Post
                This was a cool toy I got Xmas 1977. Well it was cool and it wasn't. Problem with this was it was perminantley in submarine mode and when it wasn't it looked odd as in car mode it had no wheels. Still remains my favourite retro Bond film just for the Lotus scene.

Click image for larger version Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	281124
                impressed me so much that I bought a full size one

Comment

Got one of these xmas 76. My Action Man phase lasted about 6 months. Again this is the Cherilea 'unofficial' or 'spurious' Sheridan tank model as opposed to the inferior Palitoy Scorpion tank.

Name:	cherilea---sheridan-tank---ref-2602-p-image-313541-petite.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	281169

Comment

Dinky 351 Shado Interceptor from UFO. Originally my gran bought me one for xmas 1972 typically perceptive of her. God rest her soul.

Name:	b9ed5480-4358-49cf-8f58-ab4d3dd7cc9f.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	281151
                    Got one of these for my birthday and took it to school, was the most popular kid that day!

Comment

Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
                      impressed me so much that I bought a full size one
                      My dream also but havent the money. Although i hear they were fairly unreliable ( Rover engines?) Wouldnt put me off though even if it were true.

Comment

Nah, lotus engine, bought it 17 years ago when they were dirt cheap, being a mechanic helps as it gets regular maintenance/ tinkering

Comment

Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
                          Got one of these for my birthday and took it to school, was the most popular kid that day!
                          Would never have took mine to my school would have got mugged : 0 owning it did inspire me to paint a UFO dog fight on my bedroom wall with humbrol oil paints.

Comment

Got one of these xmas 76. My Action Man phase lasted about 6 months. Again this is the Cherilea 'unofficial' or 'spurious' Sheridan tank model as opposed to the inferior Palitoy Scorpion tank.

Name:	cherilea---sheridan-tank---ref-2602-p-image-313541-petite.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	281169
                            I had the spurious jeep, I remember the windscreen was harder plastic and didn’t last 5 minutes , my mate had the motorcycle/sidecar we would play for hours with them and for some reason , they were all called “Jim”

Comment

Got this for xmas 1971. Notice the BOAC livery. Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	281179
                              Attached Files

Comment

Missus had this HAVOC doll given to her circa 1976. This aint no Barbie. Just goes to show that girl power existed even in the seventies.

Comment

Working...
                                X