Toy Torch 1970s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Torch 1970s

Hi everyone. I was wondering whether anyone on here remembers, or could help me track down, a particular toy that I used to get as part of my Christmas sack, most years, in the late 70s (say, 78/79)

I remember it being a silver coloured torch that used to have filters (red and green, I think) that you could slide over the front,, giving it a multi coloured effect.

I recall this toy with particular affection as I used to pull the filters over the front, shine it on the floor and pretend to be Jamie from 'Jamie and the Magic Torch' as I jumped into the light. Suffice to say I never got anywhere, but it was fun trying.

Anyone remember it?
    ​​​

I think I remember this. I'm sure my older brother had one and it was passed down through the years.
    Jeep Swenson January 5th 1957 - August 18 1997.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Optimus.

To be honest, I still have no idea where my parents bought them from, despite years of trying to find one in a catalogue or online somewhere. I remember them with great affection though. If I could ever find one I would definitely buy it.

Comment

Hi Richard and thanks.

You have actually stirred a memory within me that the filters could be slid across only halfway, yes. I seem to remember doing that. Perhaps it was the same one. Mine also only lasted a short time, as I remember, which is why I used to get a new one most years.

Comment

Working...
        X