Transformers poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transformers poll

I used to have the original Optimus Prime - awesome toy though it was, it would have been woeful on film if they religiously followed the toyline transformations for the movies (as for Bumblebee...).

Have seen the latest film, and have to say that it is amazing what they've pulled off.

Comment

i just head they have released a transformer called spastic.
      no joke either.

it was a great show though.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        i just head they have released a transformer called spastic.
        no joke either.

it was a great show though.

Yes I think Hasbro need to do more market research!!
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Old school transformers or...........Megan Fox? I'm gonna be shallow and say modern.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I'm also Old 'skool'....but saying that, with design techniques today they could easily do modern versions of the originals that feature better articulation to actually pose them, their Classics line was one of the best of recent times as is their on-going Masterpiece series....I cannot stand the films...and the way they've changed them for it...its naff. The first film was enjoyable, the second one was awful...The original cartoon movie-now that was cool.

Comment

I was a bit old for Transformers when it appeared but over the years I've watched that and all the other '80s cartoons I was also too old for. The original designs will always win out, especially against the dreadfully over-complicated movie versions. My son thinks so, too. As for modern toys of the originals then just look at the masterpiece versions. The Optimus Prime with trailer is fanstastic!

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                I'm also Old 'skool'....but saying that, with design techniques today they could easily do modern versions of the originals that feature better articulation to actually pose them, their Classics line was one of the best of recent times as is their on-going Masterpiece series....I cannot stand the films...and the way they've changed them for it...its naff. The first film was enjoyable, the second one was awful...The original cartoon movie-now that was cool.

check this out.
                think its the original cartoon movie.
                the cartoon series was just fab.

do not the big blockbusters.
                megatron was killed to soon.

Comment

Ravage? Panther-bot...was he called Ravage?

Comment

Yep, Ravage. I've been on a Transformers kick lately, buying Generation 1 reissues and modern takes on classic characters from their 'Universe' and 'Classics' lines....it irritates me they can be so expensive even when they only came out a year or two ago.

One of my recent buys was Soundwave, the classic Decepticon cassette player, he came with Ravage and Lazerbeak, another cassette/bird. I don't like the new film style, its just another case of an egotistical design team wanting to 'stamp their mark' on it all...I hope once Michael Bays rubbish is over the franchise can be 'rebooted' and the robots will look more akin to the classic cartoon if they make more films...

I'd love to own more combiner transformer teams, loved that concept. I do own PIRANACON, but as a reissue, really nice. I also have Ultra Magnus, again a reissue but really cool.

Comment

i was hoping that they were going to re do the original cartoon movie but with modern computer stuff and then follow on from there from the main story lines in the comics like Time Wars and Search for the Matrix , instead they made up some $$$$ to get a load of chevrolet cars on the big screen. They should have called it Go Bots and let someone else do the decent thing with the transformers films and follow the comic

Comment

Old school all the way..Grimlock the best of all.
                        I mean come one - a T Rex and a Robot!

Comment

Originally posted by ncpcov View Post
                          Old school all the way..Grimlock the best of all.
                          I mean come one - a T Rex and a Robot!
                          For dinosaurs and robots you can't beat Godzilla vs the cosmic monster.
                          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

when i first heard about the transfomer films i hoped they would do it based on the old style cartoon in terms of how the transformers look.

was also hoping you would have seen cybertron their home world.

i hoped they would put it decepticons like starscream and soundwave but i dont think they are in it.
                            soundwave if i remember was purple in colour.
                            although ive not sen all the films think ive only seen the first one.

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                            Yep, Ravage. I've been on a Transformers kick lately, buying Generation 1 reissues and modern takes on classic characters from their 'Universe' and 'Classics' lines....it irritates me they can be so expensive even when they only came out a year or two ago.

One of my recent buys was Soundwave, the classic Decepticon cassette player, he came with Ravage and Lazerbeak, another cassette/bird. I don't like the new film style, its just another case of an egotistical design team wanting to 'stamp their mark' on it all...I hope once Michael Bays rubbish is over the franchise can be 'rebooted' and the robots will look more akin to the classic cartoon if they make more films...

I'd love to own more combiner transformer teams, loved that concept. I do own PIRANACON, but as a reissue, really nice. I also have Ultra Magnus, again a reissue but really cool.
                            Last edited by darren; 21-07-2012, 12:15.

Comment

I actually own a copy of a near to final draft script of the original animated film from 1985, - its totally different to the final film itself - and a lot more violent.

Comment

Working...
                              X