Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with battle set (Maybe Airfix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with battle set (Maybe Airfix)

Hello to all.
    About two and a half years ago you helped me with the quest to find MAC figures and I must say was much appreciated but once again I am hoping your great vintage toy knowledge will be able to help me with this old toy.
    Now I believe it must have been late 70’s or early 80’s. I can even remember buying it from Woolworths.
    It was an 2nd world war play set (I think it was Airfix but please don’t quote me on that).
    You had a play mat and you assembled an old blown up house and look out tower (all plastic). You could then place your soldiers where you liked in the half standing building and in the top of the tower.
    Now the fun part…… You also got two weapons. One was a bomb type launcher which was situated on a army car and you also got a really cool machine gun. These were both operated by hand pumps. The bomb launcher would fire a single projectile with one smack down on the pump then you would need to reload. (This would be mainly used to destroy the house and tower). The machine gun was really cool as you loaded small long bullets into its chamber and repeatedly hit the pump to give you automatic fire. (Great for taking out the soldiers)
    This toy was so cool and I spent hours setting the tower and house up just to smash it down with the weapons.
    I only remembered this while talking to a friend about Airfix soldiers. I would say I am 75% sure it was Airfix but like I said before please don’t quote me on this.
    Any help with this would be once again so much appreciated and if I could find the set to purchase would make my year.
    Many thanks once again
    Snaz

Re: Help needed with battle set (Maybe Airfix)

Just had a thought, It may have been made by Matchbox.

Sorry to make things garder.

Snaz

Comment

Here you go:
      (Google is your friend!)

Plastic Soldier Review - Matchbox Rocket Attack Playkit

I missed these completely!
      A V1 launch site!?
      "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

wow! I've seen the Beach Head set a few times before, but I've never even heard of the Rocket Attack or Counter Attack sets..fab post , ta very much!

Dave
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

WOW WOW WOW EMETTMAN..... YOU ARE THE MAN......

Many many thanks. Spot on.... I thank you so much for your help.

This site is so amazing and everyone is so helpful.

Much respect out to all old toy fans and thank you "Do you remeber"

And thanks again Emettman.

Now the really hard bit... Finding one....

Snaz

Comment

Just had a look about but i think the search may take a while... But if anyone is interested this was the set I was talking about...

Many thanks once again.

MATCHBOX

Comment

Working...
            X