Which celebs live near you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which celebs live near you

Curly Watts bought a paper from the shop next to where I work.

Comment

Oh well done! Now you've said the names I know they're the ones. Thanks for that

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
      I think I can help out here. Geoffrey Hughes is the actor who played Eddie Yeats and Onslow in 'Keeping Up Appearances'.

The 'Chase Me' bloke was Duncan Norvelle.

Comment

Julie Hesmondhalgh who plays Hayley Cropper in Corrie lives in a village near me called Broadbottom (they named it after me!). Stuart Hall used to live not far from me and Tony Warren who started Corrie, Wilf McGuinnes (extrainer of MUFC) and Joseph Locke singer all frequented the pub my parents kept in the 60s.
        The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

Beverly Knight lives by me i see her Dad quite often down the market.

Comment

I was at college from 1992 to '94 in Colchester, where Damon Albarn from Blur grew up, and at the time, his dad was the head of the department I was in at the college.
            "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I see Herbie at Batley MOT Centre near Tescos nearly every day. Now it may not be the actual Herbie from 'Herbie the Love Bug' and 'Herbie Rides Again' but he is the spitting Image if it isn't.

Gordon Kaye bought my Uncles MG sports car off him in Huddersfield when he was doing 'Allo'Allo. It was white with a soft top and I was sick in it down my uncles neck on the way to Blackpool when I was young.

Originally posted by trinity View Post
              none of the names i can mention are actually alive now,but still i live in an area rich in culture,D.H lawrence,lord Byron,and Eric Coates,i hate to name drop but you know how it is!!!!!!!
              Oh yeah well try this one..... Eddie Waring..... Impressed? Yep I thought so

Comment

Well I dont know whether you would class him as a celebrity, Yet he has more fame than some that are on a certain TV programme airing at present. That is The King of Knotty Ash. Mr Ken Dodd.

Comment

If you ever get a chance go to An Evening With Ken Dodd - it will knock spots off any comedian that is alternatively alive today.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
                    If you ever get a chance go to An Evening With Ken Dodd - it will knock spots off any comedian that is alternatively alive today.
                    would never have thought him as funny mate.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

A rare and original talent, the beatles were big fans of his long ago.

Comment

I have seen Ken on numerous occasions, and he is indeed very funny, not like the so called alternative comedians of today. He does not tell blue jokes, you could take your grandchildren or children to see him. Very innocent fun and very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post
                          I have seen Ken on numerous occasions, and he is indeed very funny, not like the so called alternative comedians of today. He does not tell blue jokes, you could take your grandchildren or children to see him. Very innocent fun and very funny.
                          I like the fact that he still lives in Liverpool, unlike so many of the other Scouse stars who use the city to promote their image, but seem to spend most of their time hanging out with the London showbiz set. Jimmy Tarbuck strikes me as one of those, and Ringo Starr was well out of order with what he said.

If I ever became famous, I'd still want to live around Stockport, I'd just buy a big posh house in Bramhall or somewhere...

Comment

did ringo starr ever live in stockport ? percy sugden and les battersby of coronation st used to live in high lane stockport and one of the hollies

Comment

Stu Francis (i could crush a grape) lives near my mum
                              Paul played joe in enders lived around the corner from my mum
                              Frank Stapleton use to live up the road from my mums
                              The Damned

Comment

Lol i like that !

Comment

Working...
                                X