YouTube - Irn-Bru "Crazy Yanks" - Made in Scotland

YouTube - Irn Bru 'Goth'

YouTube - Irn Bru Snowman Advert

He Looks like he is going to cry LOL
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Re: Best ad of all time

Gotta be this one for me.

YouTube - CDP Classic ads - Texaco 'Eric and Ernie' (1977)

Hu hu hu Hello Jane. LMAO
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
        Gotta be this one for me.

YouTube - CDP Classic ads - Texaco 'Eric and Ernie' (1977)

Hu hu hu Hello Jane. LMAO
        Oh brilliant! I'd forgotten that ad. M&W were so great.

Another advert I fondly remember is Birds Eye Steakhouse Grills.

YouTube - We hope it's chips
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

now we are talking a subject i can waffle on about! These are some of my favs....

YouTube - Kia-Ora

YouTube - Smiths Crisps (Singing Spuds) - 1980's UK Advert

YouTube - Dime Bar - Armadillo Advert

YouTube - SoftMints advert

number three in my countdown is guinness, its sooo chilling.

YouTube - Guinness (We have all the time in the world)

number two is clark shoes. Never had them but i would of sold my soul for a pair of them!!!

YouTube - clarks-magic-shoes

number one is one about real fires! Now thats advertising!

YouTube - Real Fires advert
          I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

And i know im gonna sound like an old moaner but seriously...ads these days suck BIG TIME. I could watch ads all day when i was a kid. I used ask me mum why there wasnt a channel full of adverts!

Now i watch an ad and i sometimes dont even understand what its advertising!
            I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

Originally posted by nessie View Post
              And i know im gonna sound like an old moaner but seriously...ads these days suck BIG TIME. I could watch ads all day when i was a kid. I used ask me mum why there wasnt a channel full of adverts!

Now i watch an ad and i sometimes dont even understand what its advertising!
              I must be an old moaner too cause I too found adverts more fun then, than what they are now.
              Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

"Do you want a flake in that love?"

"Ta!"

Boddingtons, the cream of Manchester - classic.

Also loved the Wasssup series for Bud.
                Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Thanks for the links, Kia Ora wins hands down!!

Comment

Anything but Guiness Adverts!!

Pretentious tripe which is advertising Stout! What is that all about???
                    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

The Smash adverts with the aliens!! Love that!!

There's one at the moment that always gets a cheap laugh from me - the Mikado advert where the chinese girl is trying to reach the chocolate sticks on the high shelf over the photocopier. Makes me laugh every time.
                      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisredditch View Post
                        Anything but Guiness Adverts!!

Pretentious tripe which is advertising Stout! What is that all about???
                        not really, its a cultural thing. The idea is that you get a pint of guinness, the 'rich dark flavour' - sit back, relax and let the world go by.

I actually did find it worked, its a pleasurable drink but definitely not to be rushed. Not had one for a while since I stopped smoking ages ago, it does put weight on but is very good for the blood!

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
                          not really, its a cultural thing. The idea is that you get a pint of guinness, the 'rich dark flavour' - sit back, relax and let the world go by.

I actually did find it worked, its a pleasurable drink but definitely not to be rushed. Not had one for a while since I stopped smoking ages ago, it does put weight on but is very good for the blood!
                          Italian villages making large glasses out of books and the swimming race in the med???
                          If they showed a few shots of Dublin I might be impressed. Guinness is an Irish drink which seems to have been forgotten by the marketing dept.
                          PS I always drink Guinness while in Eire so I suppose the adverts work!!
                          I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

I am refering to thisvparticular advert, 'all the time in the world' louis armstrong. As for the italian connection - weird?

Comment

The Guinness 'surfer with the horses' ad won in the recent ch4 top 100 ads poll. It's really good I know but there was another Guinness ad out years ago in the 80s I think where there was someone surfing. There was lovely saxaphone music playing, it was class. Sadly, I can't find it on youtube, the horses one keeps coming up once I mention surfing. I also love the one with your man dancing... here it is
                              YouTube - Best tv ad - Guinness "dancing man"

Comment

This is nowhere near the best ad of all time, just wanted to see if anyone remembers it...
                                There is a bloke and a woman in what I seem to remember as some kind of airport hanger (that may be totally wrong, but I was only a kid at the time!) and I think she might ask him for something (or something like that) and he recognises her name and says something along the lines of "I remember you, you were in my class" and she says "No, I was your teacher". It was for Oil Of Ulay.
                                Sorry for the rubbish description. Anyone remember it?

Comment

Working...
                                X