Best ad of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best ad of all time

Oh blimey, well all I can say is that I would certainly like to share Brooke Shield's jeans!

Comment

Originally posted by Techno View Post
      Oh blimey, well all I can say is that I would certainly like to share Brooke Shield's jeans!
      Glad you like it Techno......
      She also did another one for Calvin Klein Jeans.......that's also on you-tube somewhere....
      I'll try and find the Liv Tyler Jeans one next.....
      Cheers
      Sgt S

Ah.......here it was......in my pocket all the time..........

Enjoy......
      Last edited by Sgt Sunshine; 19-12-2010, 21:49. Reason: added extra link

Comment

Here's that other Calvin Klein Jeans Ad.....featuring Brooke.......

I am of the belief, they don't make ads like this anymore.....
        Cheers
        Sgt S
        Last edited by Sgt Sunshine; 21-12-2010, 11:45.

Comment

Loved the original Smash advert plus the car that becomes a "mechanical man" and skates round - or perhaps that is too recent to be in here.
          All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

Comment

One of the best ads, for me was for shampoo, can't remember which one, Wash & Go, I think. Where a gorilla climbs into a mans room while he's asleep and just plain mess's the fellows hair up. The morning result being totally hideous, to which the guy reaches for his wash & go. There's just a short scene were the gorilla uses the guy as a vacuum which just plain cracks me up.

Comment

this one is a favourite of mine.
              just seen it bu accident.
              http://youtu.be/EjQ5Yw72xtA
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Emma34 View Post
                Loved the original Smash advert plus the car that becomes a "mechanical man" and skates round - or perhaps that is too recent to be in here.
                this may be the original smash advert mate.
                http://youtu.be/3gLCj9qXfp4

and i musy say i really liked it.

Comment

The Smash adverts from the 70s with the Martian robots were great.
                  So were the various Milk Tray ads (e.g. skier).
                  Who can forget the Ronco ads (e.g. spark plug cleaner, roller measure, battery tester, record vacuum) that tended to air around Christmas time with the tag line "Perfect Christmas Gift".
                  Each Christmas in the late 70s and early 80s Woolworths tended to do some really long Christmas adverts e.g. Have a Cracking Christmas in 1981.

Back then the only way to watch TV was directly off-air, so when the ads were on within or between programmes, you had to just sit through them, so over time you tended to see the same ones again and again, and some really stood out from the crowd to become unforgettable 30 years later.

In 20 or 30 years time, will anyone remember any adverts from the present day? Does anyone bother watching adverts these days? Nowadays, I usually record programmes on commercial channels and see them later, so I can fast forward the adverts.
                  I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

I HATE modern ads....they are irritating and awful 99.9% of the time. I absolutely despise Chris Marshall in those BT Infinity ads, AND the woman in them, shes so precious and snotty in real life, once when I was doing work experience at Starcom, the media planners (load of rubbish to make money when Ad execs could EASILY do that work to, i.e. 'where do we show this ad: on tv? in a mag? on a billboard etc?) I saw her outside - WITH TWO BURLY MINDERS....as if anyones going to go gaga over her?! I don't CARE about their characters....hes a muppet, apparently an 'ordinary 'bloke' you'd 'go down the pub with' etc...Shes the sort of single Mum you'd like as a nice female friend....I wanted to SLAP the skinny one in the 'lads day out ad' they did...

Car ads these days, are ****. Sorry, but tis true. Theres only been a few that are nice. The problem is they've been 'feminised' even the cars that are usually more appealing to men...The latest BMW is a good illustration of this dross. Music in ads? Only once in a while you hear a tune you really want to hear all of...the rests irritating.

AND AD BREAKS?! They go on and on now and I definitely change channel or fast forward if I've used sky + pause or record!

Ads I have liked of recent times were:

'evolution/Noitulove' by Guiness, BT 500, very funny, the latest Yell.com ad inverting and modernising the classic 'J R HARTLEY' into 'DAY V LATELY'...only peeps who recall the original will smile at that...

Odd now, I can't really remember others I like thesedays....shows how rubbish ads are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Attraction View Post
                      The Smash adverts from the 70s with the Martian robots were great.
                      So were the various Milk Tray ads (e.g. skier).
                      Who can forget the Ronco ads (e.g. spark plug cleaner, roller measure, battery tester, record vacuum) that tended to air around Christmas time with the tag line "Perfect Christmas Gift".
                      Each Christmas in the late 70s and early 80s Woolworths tended to do some really long Christmas adverts e.g. Have a Cracking Christmas in 1981.

Back then the only way to watch TV was directly off-air, so when the ads were on within or between programmes, you had to just sit through them, so over time you tended to see the same ones again and again, and some really stood out from the crowd to become unforgettable 30 years later.n

In 20 or 30 years time, will anyone remember any adverts from the present day? Does anyone bother watching adverts these days? Nowadays, I usually record programmes on commercial channels and see them later, so I can fast forward the adverts.
                      adverts now are the same as tv shows they are not as fun

im just so glad we grew up when we did.
                      one of the most iconic was the 501 jeans where the fella took off his jeabs and put them into the washing machine in the launderette.

Comment

It's not Christmas until I see the Toys 'R' Us advert. The Cola advert is the same, although I never really liked that one.

Comment

I seem to remember a Tennent's Lager ad in the late 80's that had a male actor from Eastenders in it with a backing track by Big Country. He was basically walking through various environments throughout the UK featuring groups of people in various occupations...the song went.. "If there's one great thing that's happened in my life.....if there's one great thing....."

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                            I seem to remember a Tennent's Lager ad in the late 80's that had a male actor from Eastenders in it with a backing track by Big Country. He was basically walking through various environments throughout the UK featuring groups of people in various occupations...the song went.. "If there's one great thing that's happened in my life.....if there's one great thing....."
                            is the one mate.
                            http://youtu.be/lW1XQfQ38aU

Comment

Oddly enough, one of the best series of ads I think I've ever seen is absolutely modern - the whole ComparetheMeerkat series, I just love 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Falco View Post
                                Oddly enough, one of the best series of ads I think I've ever seen is absolutely modern - the whole ComparetheMeerkat series, I just love 'em.
                                them merrkat ones do mu head in.
                                they are so annoyng.

the go compare ones are very annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X