Car ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car ad

I wonder if anyone can help with my quest to find a tv ad for a car that I think went out in the 90’s.

As I remember it, a couple are driving along when the man says to the woman words to the effect of I’m going to leave my job and start my own business. He then says “I’ve got the backing but the company car will have to go” At this point the woman looks worried and asks him if he’s sure it’s a good idea. Obviously the ad is for the car they currently have but what was it?

“I’ve got the backing” became a catch phrase in our family. I have searched extensively for the ad as has half my family but we don’t seem to be getting anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

Love to help but....Nah, sorry!
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Sounds like one of those daytime insurance adverts rather than an advert for an actual car.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Update. We found it and it was a Renault 25. I was beginning to wonder if I’d made it up. It doesn’t disappoint.

https://youtu.be/FUpS1W2BIz4

Comment

Originally posted by Lampost View Post
          Update. We found it and it was a Renault 25. I was beginning to wonder if I’d made it up. It doesn’t disappoint.

https://youtu.be/FUpS1W2BIz4
          Well done Lampost....I remember it now.
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Reminds me of the Renault 5 as with the wine dancing wearing red boiler suits

Comment

"Oh David that's wonderful."

Comment

I remember something similar, but I can find it in my archive. It's glad that someone is remembering such beauty. I don't know if the car ads are having the same effect like it has a lot of time ago, but I am the person that is the target of such marketing campaigns. I saw the advertising for the new Toyota Corolla. Guess what? I decided to buy it. Of course, getting a loan. For this, I used a platform that calculates my credit score and shows the best finance options for people. I have given very good offers, so I easily accepted. Anyway, I am happy with this.
                Last edited by Ada1mhill; 13-04-2021, 16:45.

Comment

Working...
                X