Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
    Re: Pet Food Ads

Top Cat. A certain cartoon show had to be renamed because of the product.
    It wasn't officially renamed - the BBC decided to refer to the cartoon series as "Boss Cat" because of the cat food, although I believe that it was reversed in recent years when the rules between programmes and advertising were relaxed.

There is a pub in Derby called the Blue Peter, but the BBC didn't change the title of the children's TV programme just because of that, even if the pub obviously has an adults only implication.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I would like to mention the Best Ever Whiskas adverts from around 1990 where they said that cats would enjoy it more than any other cat food. Incidentally, a family member went on holiday and we had to look after their cat - my late mother had never owned a cat and was visiting the local supermarkets asking "do you sell cat food?" She then came back with a couple of tins of Best Ever Whiskas (don't remember which flavour) and we served it to the cat in her bowl. She really enjoyed it and ate everything in the bowl, and it was almost as if she was acknowledging the TV advertising at the time. It was proof that eight out of ten cat owners (and not cats as Channel 4's Countdown spin-off would believe), really did prefer their cat to have Whiskas as their favourite food.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
      X