Clarks Shoes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarks Shoes.

i had a feeling once they started bringing more parts in from plants abroad that this was the beginning of the end.
    but why did they start doing this.

and yes i can imagine it must have had a bad effect on the town and surrounding area..

clarks where like a luxury shoe.

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
    Clarks used to have a factory just off station road in Warminster.Used to walk past it every day.They gradually downsized by bringing more parts in from other plants abroad then eventually closed the place.Must of closed it some 10 years ago or more now.Quite a blow for the town and the surrounding area.They were one of the main employers.They lost a lot of support after that.
    We dug a little bit of an old rubbish tip looking for old bottles on the outskirts of town.That tip had a of seam of ladys shoe heels about a meter thick in all colours of the rainbow and nothing else running through it.Must of been dumped there in the 50's or 60's.I did not know high heels could be so pointed or dangerous,lol.

As a child getting measured for a pair of Clarks shoes was a rare treat.Rather expensive shoes.I had a pair but they were for special occations only like weddings etc.
    Last edited by darren; 05-07-2012, 11:37.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Clarks Shoes.

I had a couple of pairs of Clarks when I was a kid. I remember the advert, though, the little girl's voice used to drive my father up the wall, so I imitated her a lot just to wind him up...

Comment

Working...
      X