X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine was star wars when i was about 7 i think
    The Damned

Comment

I saw Star Wars: A New Hope 15 times in 2 weeks when it came out, it was amazing and still is 30 years old next year too.

Comment

Star Wars for me as well - I remember rushing home with friends and we worked out by cellotaping 5 toilet rolls together and colouring them with blue felp tip we too could be Luke Skywalker ! Funny thing was the light sabres in the film never used to bend at 90 degree angles after a particularly good head shot ...

Comment

Hmm, I can only remember clearly the second movie I saw (weird huh?), which was either 'Juggernaut' or 'The Land That Time Forgot' (whichever was released first, I guess).

As for the first visit, I can remember that we went into the Odeon ABC when the programme had started, and I can remember some of the trailers were about Disney movies including a Herbie movie, and wanting to see that instead. I can remember walking out of the cinema, but I have no recollection of the movie at all!
          Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Juggernaut's the one with the bombs on the boat, way earlier than Speed 2, and way koler with Richard Harris. Loved the Land that time forgot, At the Earths Core etc, they were fun, and full of adventure, and Doug McClure.

Comment

Re: First Film you ever saw

The first film I saw at the cinema was Oliver and Co

Comment

Not that long ago then.......lol.

Comment

I think it was 1989, making me 7 when I went to see it

Comment

well i'd have been 26 so there you go.........

Comment

Ah well, think of it this way, you can remember so much more lovely nostalgia than me!

Comment

Hey thats true, way back to 1963, the year of the Great train Robbery, and Doctor Who.....and me.

Comment

Exactly! The only Dr Who I remember was when "Planet of the Daleks" was re-run in 1993! (and I'd love to find it on DVD!)

Comment

Hi, it was out on video, maybe you could get if off E-Bay, not on DVD as yet.

Comment

Cheers, just found one on eBay, might put a bid on if it doesn't go up too high!

Comment

I have some of them on video sold nearly ervery dr who and star trek video to a mate, if you're interested in any more.......

Comment

Working...
                                X