80s Horrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 80s Horrors

i felt once he no longer worked with daria nicolodi he was not as good.
    she does not get enough credit for the fine job she did working alongside him.

terror at the opera is very good but it seemed to be cursed where it was shot.

day of the dead i really love.
    i think his dad was it salvatore or claudio died during a freak accident.
    tenebrare inferno i really enjoy still.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
    Yeah, in my opinion, Argento's films were amazing until the mid 80s.
    I think that Phenomena was his last good movie, although Opera had some great scenes within it, as a whole film it isn't up to much.
    Anything after that isn't worth watching.
    Unless i've missed something decent ?!?
    What do you guys think ?
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	intruder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	260198
      This is another great little 80s' B-movie. It's set in a supermarket and an unidentified stalker is lurking in the store and bumping off the night crew one by one. There's a scene involving a meat saw whilst not being too bloody, the sound effects will make your toes curl!

Comment

[
        QUOTE=Powdered toast man;176396]Click image for larger version

Name:	intruder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	260198
        This is another great little 80s' B-movie. It's set in a supermarket and an unidentified stalker is lurking in the store and bumping off the night crew one by one. There's a scene involving a meat saw whilst not being too bloody, the sound effects will make your toes curl![/QUOTE]
        ha i know this one well.

the fella who onws 51 per cent of the store says he loves the store and then he starts doing away with all the staff in some pretty inventive ways.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          [
          QUOTE=Powdered toast man;176396][ATTACH=CONFIG]3523[/ATTACH]
          This is another great little 80s' B-movie. It's set in a supermarket and an unidentified stalker is lurking in the store and bumping off the night crew one by one. There's a scene involving a meat saw whilst not being too bloody, the sound effects will make your toes curl!
          ha i know this one well.

the fella who onws 51 per cent of the store says he loves the store and then he starts doing away with all the staff in some pretty inventive ways.[/QUOTE]

as long as its better than Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge (1989), another b-movie mall stalking film...that sucked

Comment

i watched a great 80s film last night on netflix was called monster humanoids from the deep i dont remember seeing it but it was great typical 80s horror blood boobs and a great 80s monster film actor from all them monster films doug mcclure i have all is monster films but like said didint know bout this one untill last night great stuff any one else seen it ????
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

cool not seen that one, but think i've heard of it.

last night i watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, that was really good.

Comment

its was good mate ill have too look for some more 80s horror on there tonight lol

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                cool not seen that one, but think i've heard of it.

last night i watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, that was really good.
                THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

one i really like is called the gate.
                  this strange hole appears in the garden and a sister a brother and his friend have to deal with it as the parents are away.
                  always reminds me of the evil dead it does.

Comment

one i really like is called the gate.
                    this strange hole appears in the garden and a sister a brother and his friend have to deal with it as the parents are away.
                    always reminds me of the evil dead it does.
                    i liked that the first time i watched it but then i watched it with my sister and she said "what a load of cr*p that was" and that time round i actually thought the same.

Comment

another is maniac from 1980.
                      it starts joe spinell and caroline munro.

One of the most shocking films ive ever seen.
                      its scary its atmospheric you really feel terrible for his victims.

like the part where he gets onto the bonnet of the car and blows tom savini away in slow motion.

Comment

ah yeah, i've seen that scene on youtube

Comment

like the part where he gets onto the bonnet of the car and blows tom savini away in slow motion.
                          Yes Darren, an awesome movie there, as you say - starring the late great Joe Spinell.
                          That scene with Savini in the car is a classic movie moment in my book.
                          Very creepy & gory, plus I love the soundtrack.
                          Also I am a longtime fan of Caroline Munro, she's in so many great films, I even love her in the 3-2-1 days.

On the subject of Savini, has anyone seen the special effects legend in The Ripper ?
                          Another gory 80s trash masterpiece.

Comment

another ive just watched is night of the comet.

basically either everyone is dead they are just powder or they are zombies.

there are two sisters who basically have to survive along with a truck driver.

the sky is orange throughout the movie.
                            -----------------------------------------------------
                            another very good show is faceless which also stars caroline munro as well as telly savalas.
                            a very creepy film and the very end where the hospital is bricked up with munro looking out of her cell sends shivers down my spine.
                            Last edited by darren; 07-02-2013, 03:32.

Comment

another very good show is faceless which also stars caroline munro as well as telly savalas.
                              a very creepy film and the very end where the hospital is bricked up with munro looking out of her cell sends shivers down my spine.
                              Faceless is awesome, directed by Jess Franco if I remember correctly.
                              Some incredibly gory scenes, with some really silly music on the soundtrack, plus Telly Savalas never leaving the room.

Never seen Night Of The Comet though, although I know it's got Mary Woronov in, so I may watch it some time, at least for that reason.

Comment

i made a mistake it was the detective sam who was looking out of the cell window who said this will be our tomb to caroline munro.

i just love films based in hospitals.
                                some pretty uncomfortable moments in it and you soon find why the film was called faceless and the girl who had the acid thrown on her face gets her face taken off and a new one put on.

always helmut berger was creepy.

yes mate directed by jess franco.
                                people either like his films or hate them.

Comment

Working...
                                X