Looking for hard to find movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for hard to find movie

To start, it's a movie that's hard to find because I do not know the title or much about it other than a generalized plot. I have looked at IMDB and Google and multiple other sites with no luck. So to begin...

It's a 70/80's movie where two children and their family move in to a 1800's style house with a mystery attached to it. The story goes, a girl went missing when American western bandits took the 1800's family hostage during a hostage situation. 100 years later, the new family moves in and the two children, a boy and a little older girl (I think) work on solving the mystery. At the end, and through flashbacks showing what really happened during the shootout, they discover that the little girl got away from the bandits through a tunnel built under the house which you gained access through the fireplace (I think). But upon being chased by the bandits, she fell into a deep hole, died, and her body was never retrieved, only to be discovered by the 1980's family after the girl discovered the tunnel.

If anyone knows what I am speaking of, please let me know. Maybe it was a dream I had once.

Re: Looking for hard to find movie

I used a site once where you added a plot description and people replied with what film they thought it was. I remember finding the early 70s film Made that way. I'm sure the site was called filmfinder, but it doesn't seem to exist now. Maybe there is a similar site though.

Comment

I think this is what you're looking for...

Mystery Mansion

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.K. View Post
        I think this is what you're looking for...

Mystery Mansion
        I have verified through IMDB and Amazon that this would indeed be correct. Also verified that many other people remember seeing this in the 1980's and never seeing it again for 15/20 years or so. So I am not alone.

Thank you very much. Most of my life I've wondered about this. I can put it to rest.

Comment

Working...
        X