House In Nightmare Park - 70's Spoof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House In Nightmare Park - 70's Spoof

Has anybody seen this horror spoof made in the 70's starring Frankie Howerd. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Frankie plays a struggling tragedian who is invited to perform a dramatic play at a large country house. People begin to get murdered at the house. Nice use of Oakley Court where they made many Hammer Horror movies.

Re: House In Nightmare Park - 70's Spoof

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
    Has anybody seen this horror spoof made in the 70's starring Frankie Howerd. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Frankie plays a struggling tragedian who is invited to perform a dramatic play at a large country house. People begin to get murdered at the house. Nice use of Oakley Court where they made many Hammer Horror movies.
    It's a classic - not a big Frankie fan but this just worked so well.

Hope your whip shrivels!

If you want to see something really scary though, check this comparison between the UK and US versions of the opening credits:

Comment

the U.S version was probably made like that ,cartoon,zanny whacky music so the audience knew it was a comedy ,just like U.S tv comedies and 1960s cartoons with that pathetic laughter track to let people know when they are supposed to laugh

Comment

Thanks Catflap for posting that video up. I've never seen that before. I can't stand the US version. The music is terrible and the change of title to Night Of The Laughing Dead is ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah the yanks really missed the point didn't they?

If anyone is interested, after a looooong wait the film is available on DVD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-House-Ni.../dp/B00B1PT9XW

Comment

House In Nightmare Park is one of my favourite films ever. It's so under-rated. Frankie's best film, in my opinion. The direction is brilliant, those camera angles, the creepy atmosphere. A perfect comedy-horror. I had it recorded off TV for years, bought the video, then got a pirate DVD copy from someone, until they finally released it officially on DVD. 'No, thank you, I had a packet of crisps on the train'Absolutely love it
            sigpic
            Times Square

Comment

Working...
            X